Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

Alberta Buck

Fowl addict- Yes the jaw was shot off. After I droped it my buddy took a second shot while it was thrashing around and took the jaw off. Needles to say it was not very good shooting on his part both times.

That is funny. My old neighbor shot the bottom jaw off a buck when we were hunting in Wyoming about 10 years ago. He walked right up to it thinking it was dead, but it was only kind of sort of knocked out. His next shot was true. It was weird walking right up to the buck and seeing no bottom jaw.

Cover up the antlers on the bottom picture and it looks just like a Jersey steer. I'm guessing they have more fat than their southern cousins.

Cover up the antlers on the bottom picture and it looks just like a Jersey steer. I'm guessing they have more fat than their southern cousins.

Ya , most Alberta deer will weigh in more than 300 lbs. A lot of them are 350lbs
My taxidermist uses manikans with a 25 or 26" neck on them to mount his deer.
You should see some of the 400 pound mule deer.:)

Hey Tool....ever hand out a compliment without some smartass remark attatched?

Nube, Great bucks!!

Yes.........all the time! Merry Christmas and a happy New Year, oh BTW my name is Mark not tool Mr Sinclair.

I asked a ligit question with no pun intended. He answered. Sorry to offend you.

Okay, I can't tell if that was a serious statement or not...are you saying there are 300-400lb mulies up there? Ditto xrayts...would love to see some pics of hogs in that 300-400 range. That would be freaking impressive.

Not sure what this one would score but he was an average sized deer. The second is a deer I guided a friend from Michigan for. He had an avergae body as well. Tough to see and figure a weight on but I know that with 2 guys it still is tough to lift them into the truck. I have seen some real big bodied Mule deer here but don't have any pictures of any dead ones. If you guys read big buck magazine you can see some pictures of some big bodied deer.

IMG_0966.jpg

Picture003.jpg

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Juicer52
Back