Alberta Buck

nube

Hey guys, here is my buck for this year. Long story but I had passed him up when I first saw him but my buddy shot at him and at the shot the deer flinched and started running. I thought I would be a good friend and help him out so I put a hole in the deer for him. He then finished him off. As we looked over the deer I was the first one to hit him and he had missed the first shot. So I guess it was my deer after that. He wasn't as big as I wanted this year buct a decent deer for most peoples standards. Hope you enjoy
DSC03164.jpg

DSC03163.jpg

DSC03162.jpg

Here is another buck I helped my buddy get. It scored 164 and is pretty much a 4x4
DSC03175.jpg

DSC03167.jpg

DSC03165.jpg

nice bucks the first ones still pushing 150 + I'd be happy with that unless had a dozen of them on the wall, second buck is a old boy look at the size of his head. Either one is a shooter to me, 164 4x4 gets shoot all day.

Holy smokes, Nube, those are some great bucks.

You just tell me when you need someone to clean up those smaller ones, such as those, and I will gladly pack my bags and come clear the path for you to sneak up on those bigger ones. :D

I am like Oak, big bodied Deer are something else. It's like when you are fishing and catch a 2 pound bass and then a 8 pounder, same species but they look entirely different. John

nice bucks the first ones still pushing 150 + I'd be happy with that unless had a dozen of them on the wall, second buck is a old boy look at the size of his head. Either one is a shooter to me, 164 4x4 gets shoot all day.

First one scored 165" as well. He is a 6X5 and had a few inches of points on the bases to count as well. Still a great deer as I thought he was a mid 150's buck when I saw him and he ended up being more thankfully.

All I can say is HOLY CRAP!! I can't imagine passing up a 165 deer. Those are both huge in my book. Congratulations!

That 4x4 is a gnarly old buck. Looks bigger than most of the elk we kill.
Congrats on a good season.

Little more infor on the 4x4 for you. It had 27" main beams and the backtines were both
15". I was surprised it scored as good as it did really. It also had one mass measurement of 6 inches on the one side.

Awesome buck Nube! Was your buddy's shot the jaw dropper?? or was that yours?? ;)

Not bad. Great by my standards for Ab. Do they still use corn flingers up there?

No, they never have had rules that we can hunt over bait piles. Only in Saskatchewan. Both bucks were on Public land where they have done clearcutting and on power lines.

Yes the tines on the 4x4 are very large. Usually a 12"tine is a big one but with 15" it was truly some nice height. The main beams on mine were long at 24.5" and the 4x4 had 27" if I remember right.

Fowl addict- Yes the jaw was shot off. After I droped it my buddy took a second shot while it was thrashing around and took the jaw off. Needles to say it was not very good shooting on his part both times.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lucafu1
Back