MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Alaska bear question... please

pointingdogsrule

So I'm filling out my alaska black bear app. I've gone over it last week and thought that I had everything down pat.

Not so... I was under the impression that I would buy the 2014 general hunting license for my spring of 2014 draw bear hunt (if it occurs). The Alaska site only gives me a 2013 choice for my general hunting license. Not sure I am correct..

I have a friend who lives in Coffman cove and plan to hunt POW Island (unit #2)... Is unit #3, just across the channel a second option for black bears?

Thanks in advance

good luck to all
the dog

Last edited:
Bambi: The first time through I bought "MYSELF" a 2013 hunting license and it allowed me to get into the black bear drawing for the spring of 2014. I also applied for three friends (after I found the "year tab" ) and purchased hunting licenses for the year 2014.... this also allowed me to apply for the spring 2014 black bear app.

If nothing more I just ate a 2013 Alaska hunting license and will purchase a 2014 if I hunt there.

Thanks for your help and I will probably call POW on monday to make sure it is correct.

good luck to all
the dog

The permit is for fall 2013 and spring2014. You only need a valid license to apply (2012 or 2013)then if you draw you must buy your locking tag and license for the permit year you intend to hunt. Its kind of bs that the tagsare calendar year and the permit overlaps requiring a second tag if you plan to hunt both seasons.

Last edited:
Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dtownsend
Back