Ahhhh.... The smell of Fat-Assed ATV Riders....

ATC was the original acronym for All Terrain Cycle, trademarked by Honda. Remember the Honda 3-Wheelers? I beleive ATC is still tagged all over the Honda versions of 4-Wheelers. I think most people use ATV and ATC interchangably, and some even throw "Quad" in there, although that may be a regional thing.

Hey Ithica,

Where you going for a few days? Turkey Hunting? Just remember to drive carefully, as ol' Ten Beers is likely in the middle of the road, hunting for Turkeys and Grizzly Bears....

"Wap., There are going to be more OI meetings if you'd like to attend and defend the fatassed ATV crowd. I'm sure you'll have an impact. Maybe you can explain why the ATC crowd needs bigger, faster, more powerful ATVs every year if all they're going to do is putt around on roads and enjoy the scenery."

Read yer post again dip shit and give me a shot what yer drinking!

NYC this week on business, turkey hunting next week. I'll be watching the roads for all those turkeys Ten's been seeing strutting in them. I used to hunt a long way from the roads. No wonder I never get a turkey! :D :D

Elkgunner said, "Ten Beers is likely in the middle of the road, hunting for Turkeys and Grizzly Bears...."

Oh, and dont forget, Ten beers will also be "acclimatizing elk to the roads."

Yes! you guys are very entertaining .

But I cannot , for the life of me , figure out Ten Beers ? Acclimating Elk ? Did he really say that ?

FCB, I think you may not have been around here long enough, you probably missed that post, but it was another ATV bashing thread if I remember correctly. And yes, elk becoming acclimatized to roads and motorized vehicles was brought up, by someone.

Yes, the statement was that they become acclimated to the roads. It was not that they were oblivious to them.
ac·cli·mate ( P ) Pronunciation Key (-klmt, kl-mt)
tr. & intr.v. ac·cli·mat·ed, ac·cli·mat·ing, ac·cli·mates
To accustom or become accustomed to a new environment or situation; adapt. See Synonyms at harden.

acclimated

Acclimate \Ac*cli"mate\ (#; 277), v. t. [imp. & p. p. Acclimated; p. pr. & vb. n. Acclimating.] [F. acclimater; [`a] (l. ad) + climat climate. See Climate.] To habituate to a climate not native; to acclimatize. --J. H. Newman.
http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=acclimated

You would have me accept the EG/IT/BUZZ train of thought that all elk, avoid all roads, by a set minimum distance (I forget how far you guys were saying), all the time? Are you on board with them FCB?

4 Wheelers Suck!!!
Six_wheeler.jpg

This is what you should be in... :D :D :D

"But if we don't protect the rights of Fat-Assed ATV riders to ride where ever they want, while hunting, then we might as well tear up the rest of the Constitution. "

Once again elkgunner proves that his head is up his (or someone's)butt.
No where have any of us said we want to ride where ever we want to while hunting .
It just more libreal greenie spin.

Russ ,nice picture,all it's missing is the elk .
Even has the chain saw ready to do some butchering . LOL

But I do want to ride on whatever open roads and trails that I want to during hunting season. :D And I want some trails and roads designated open for ATV's and less, but not passenger vehicles.
;)

MD,

I am glad my grandmother never used that kind of language....

Ten Beers,
Why should we have designated roads just for ATVs (or lesser, and is there anything lesser than a fat-assed ATV rider?)?

GOHUNT Insider

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Seabee Shooter
Back