Yeti GOBOX Collection

Age of this Bear

Coloradoyaler

Hello

Anyone have an educated guess at what this bears age would be judging by his dental work? He squared out at just 7' and the skull measured 20"

No.... But I dated a girl like that in Montana Once......

On a serious note, Here in Idaho it's required to turn in the Canine and they take records ofthe bear. Is that not requiered there ?

Welcome to the board ... :D

Thanks Moosie! Just found this board. I really like what I see!

I harvested this bear in Saskatchewan in one of their wilderness areas. The outfitter pulled the tooth and sent it in. He will eventally get the results. It was the tooth behind the canine.

Hard to say without sectioning a tooth. I'd say old. ;) Is that a CO bear?

Welcome to Hunttalk.

Oak

Edit: Answered my question as I was posting.:D

glad you found the Site. Just out of Curiosity how'd you find it ?
Sask. eh ? we hunted there once and Loved it. Welcome aboard.

Moosie

A link to this board is posted on the Marlinowners.com board under Wyoming Buffalo Hunt.

Mark

With a look at the molars, a guess could become more accurate... For a non-coastal blackie, I'd say he's 11-12.

Thanks! I appreciate your input!

The Guide's guess was that the bear was at least 15yrs old. I was just curious if there was other opinions out there.

That bear's only 6 or 7 the reason for the jacked up grill is its not from Saskatchewan. It's from the Ozarks!! (banjo's anyone;);))

My guess...18 or 19

From what I've heard on bears you can tell about how old they are by the wear on their canine teeth. Since from the picture the teeth don't look that worn to me I would say that this is a mid age bear, just in his prime. Good looking bear.
Quick Draw

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
muleydude
Back