MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Against all odds: my 2023 season

Some campers had spent the night where we wanted to glass. So Instopped and talked to them while my buddies hiked up the hill to glass. While were talking I see a moose in the timber. Hes working his way into the bog and it ends up being the two bulls from the previous night. I take my bow and head off after them.

What ensued was a big game of cat and mouse. I kept trying to circle and stalk in on them but they were feeding in the willows into the wind. It was tough paralleling with them in the timber while being quiet. At one point I had a staring contest with a bull at 25 yards through the last couple pine trees. I got to 50 yards while they sparred. Eventually they moved off up the drainage and my friends picked me up and we went to get ahead of them.

Last edited:
So I went up the road to meet my friends and regroup. While there we caught sight of a moose coming over the ridge to us. The two bulls were coming to us around the ridge. We figured lets see what happens and I grabbed my bow and worked up the hill slowly in front of them. As they came around the corner they kept their eyes on the truck and sparring and started walking right towards me.

What a hunt. This was the bull we found thursday and called in saturday morning not to mention saturday evening. So it was fun to have a little history with him.

Im ecstatic. He taped about 39” outside spread with some great points. Now were in elk camp further south with some friends trying to help them out. Ill check my bull in today and fish and scout for deer. Heading home tomorrow for 2 weeks and then on to idaho.

What a hunt. This was the bull we found thursday and called in saturday morning not to mention saturday evening. So it was fun to have a little history with him.

Im ecstatic. He taped about 39” outside spread with some great points. Now were in elk camp further south with some friends trying to help them out. Ill check my bull in today and fish and scout for deer. Heading home tomorrow for 2 weeks and then on to idaho.
Congrats, that's a nice respectable Shiras and glad you were able to get it done!

Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mrturtle
Back