Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Adjusting draw weight...

you don't need a press...just turn the limb bolt screws clockwise to increase the draw weight. you need to make sure you turn the upper and lower bolts the exact same amount or your bow will be out of tune. Every 360 degrees should add 2-4 pounds to your draw weight.

Last edited:
If the limb bolts are already screwed in all the way, you'll probably need new limbs to increase the draw weight.

Just make sure you adjust them the same. I typically check the spacing between the riser and limb pocket to make sure that they are set the same.

Turn your limb bolts clockwise the same amount, then check your tiller measurement (distance from the top of your limb pocket to the inside of your bow string). They should be exactly the same, if they are not adjust the top or bottom limb bolt until they are. Then check your draw weight .If you wish to increase it more make sure you turn them clock wise the same and then re measure. Hope this helps. :cool:

Another option is to tighten them both all the way down and then start backing it off until you are comfortable with the weight. As stated before though make sure you turn the top and bottom the exact same amount of turns whether backing it out or tightening it down. It's easy to do it you self pu will just need an Allen wrench. All the others posts are spot on as well

Thanks everyone, I kind of had an idea how to do it but just wanted to get some more input. The bow has 70lb limbs but I know that's not where it is set, I've been shooting the same bow/ set up for about 10 years. Thanks again.

Just be careful that you don't underspine your arrows by increasing poundage. If you start getting bad flight at the higher poundage, you'll know why.

Just be careful that you don't underspine your arrows by increasing poundage. If you start getting bad flight at the higher poundage, you'll know why.

I'm shooting the Beman ICS Hunter 400 29" arrow @ 8.4gpi w/ 100gr Slick Trick Razor Tricks. Not finding very definitive arrow charts, the one on the Beman site is down for improvements. Any thoughts?

I'm shooting the Beman ICS Hunter 400 29" arrow @ 8.4gpi w/ 100gr Slick Trick Razor Tricks. Not finding very definitive arrow charts, the one on the Beman site is down for improvements. Any thoughts?

IMO, if you go much over 63-65lbs, you are going to be underspined with a .400 spined arrow like that. I generally have found that broadheads shoot better on a slightly stiffer shaft than most charts indicate. You would be better off with a .340 spined arrow and higher poundage.

Thanks SDHNTR, I may just bump the poundage as high as the arrows will handle so I don't have to switch them...just re-fletched them with Fusion vanes about a month ago.

Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CrownDitch
Back