Caribou Gear Tarp

Accubonds vs blemish bullerts

williaada

I have 2 boxes of accubonds and 200 accubond blemishes. Have people noticed a difference between the accubonds vs blemish bullets?

No difference. I haven't shot any big game with anything other than the blems/seconds for probably 15 years.
I’ve heard the same. At least it’s likely not gonna matter unless you are shooting very long range.

I’ve heard the same. At least it’s likely not gonna matter unless you are shooting very long range.
I've shot big game out to 620 with them, steel to 750. I guess maybe I would shoot better with something other than seconds??? Maybe?

I've shot big game out to 620 with them, steel to 750. I guess maybe I would shoot better with something other than seconds??? Maybe?
True story.

Heck, it's even been told that bullets with or without cannelures shoot....

Attachments

• bc247336d1c6e7b336e981e07b97d860.jpg
    bc247336d1c6e7b336e981e07b97d860.jpg
    22.4 KB · Views: 3
True story.

Heck, it's even been told that bullets with or without cannelures shoot....
What I do is trick my accubond seconds and blems into thinking they are firsts.

I bought some firsts, so I keep the box, take the seconds out of the plastic bags, and put them in the box.

I actually think they know it and shoot better that-a-way.

I routinely shoot them out to 500 and none of the critters knew I saved money buying seconds. If I mixed a first and second you couldn’t tell which is which.

The ones I bought supposedly lost tips and the finish was worn. So far no lost tips. mtmuley

First off, what's a "bullert"?

Second off, "difference between Accubonds and blemish"?

It's still an Accubonds.
"Blemish" can mean any number of things.
From the color of the tip being slightly off, to being under/over the weight limitations imposed by the manufacturer.

Last edited:
Nosler blems I've never been able to tell the difference and will continue to buy them with confidence.

On the flip side, I've gotten blems from RMR & American Reloading that were so mangled I opted to throw them out instead of loading them.

The only difference I've seen is small indents or creases at the tip just below the polymer tip. I've shot a ton of seconds with no problems.

I’ve gotten SPS seconds with different colored tips, some were tarnished, etc. None that I have received have been visibly blemished in a way that would affect performance, and they have always performed well on the range and on game.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elkslayer38
Back