Caribou Gear

A very Dumb idea

Wow!!! I wouldn't even consider it here in Pennsylvania. A definate suicide mission.

Decoy that should be band in all states.

http://www.hunters-edge.com/go2gobbler.shtml

I disagree. Here in MT we have a bill currently moving thru legislature to allow the use of rifles for the spring gobbler season. I would like the company to send a complimentary decoy to all of the proponents of this bill. Those that want the bill to pass should have no problem with having a turkey decoy three and a half feet from their face. Maybe if their nose get blown off, it won't be so uncomfortable when they insert their heads up their ass.

WOW !!!!!!!!!!!
That will make your hairs stand on the back of your head to think about the consequences.

What's really amazing is that it's hard to get many cranked up about this legislation. Guess the idea of peoples friends, family members, dogs, or even themselves being in close vicinity to a projectile zooming at 2800 fps doesn't get us MT folks to riled up. We are a tough(?) bunch.

I disagree. Here in MT we have a bill currently moving thru legislature to allow the use of rifles for the spring gobbler season. I would like the company to send a complimentary decoy to all of the proponents of this bill. Those that want the bill to pass should have no problem with having a turkey decoy three and a half feet from their face. Maybe if their nose get blown off, it won't be so uncomfortable when they insert their heads up their ass.

You can use a rifle on Turkey in Texas in both the spring and the fall season. Hunter related shootings don't seem to be affected one way or the other.

Of course the makeup of public vs. private land is quite a bit different in Texas.

That said, I don't think I would use one of those decoys even on my own private property if I was the only one hunting.

Rifles were originally legal for turkey hunting in Mississippi, but for safety reasons were outlawed many years ago. I legally shot a big gobbler with a rifle. Sure, I got him, but it left me with a very empty feeling. Legal or not, it's about hunting, calling, and trying to outwitt, NOT killing.

Back