Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

A Summer of Moose and Mosquitoes

Just finished loading my meager amount of pictures on the computer. I have to say it was a completely delightful hunt in all aspects. Great group of guys, great scenery, great times and literal last minute success. We had such a great time we all agreed to do it again next year with the moose tag I'm going to draw. Wish I could have been there for more than two and a half days.

Sunrise in moose country.IMG_8365.jpg

Ross looking for moose while the world burnsIMG_8373.jpg
"Wugh!" IMG_8382.jpg
ListeningIMG_8392.JPG
Packing in to "Houdini/ Wouza Cat Lake"IMG_8396.JPG
More scenic views.IMG_8405.jpg
Tallest man sees the most moose.IMG_8409.jpg
Pensive Randy- Wondering how many friends he is going to have left if he shoots a little bull back in here.IMG_8413.JPG

Not wanting to be distracted from helping Randy I left my bow at home. I did pack a rifle for the off chance at a wolf. Of course, while looking for moose this guy crosses the road right beside where we were glassing. Off to find Ross who has an elk tag and a bow. I left Travis to watch the bull and make sure he didn't cross back over. Of course the bull feeds to within 60 yards of Travis who has already killed his bull and had to take evasive manuevers to avoid getting walked on. When I returned an hour later with Ross, he was long gone.Sony p510 045.jpg

I didn't get any pictures at the kill site. My hands were too bloody.

Ross helping Randy drop the final load.Sony p510 051.jpg

Obligatory truck shot. Good times with a great group of guys!IMG_8423.jpg

The moose was the obvious reward, but just being in that beautiful country with good friends had to be great. Just curious, I think everyone following along was completely confident you'd be getting a moose, were you just as sure? Congratulations on the whole adventure!

For a computer jockey he exuded an amazing amount of confidence with every tactical choice. If he ever doubted, it never showed. Although, I thought I detected a bit of weakness in his resolve when he saw the little bulls Travis videoed in the wilderness meadow.

congratulations Randy. I had that tag in 93 and there were far more moose than today. I know how tough it can be in Western Montana to kill a respectable moose in this environment. There were certainly a bunch of people in that HD.

Great thread, great hunt, great story, and a perfect ending with good bull! Congrats to Randy and the crew on a job well done!

Fantastic result, all the hard work paid off, those beasts are huge, great you have so many friends that can help you out.
Cheers
Richard

Nice moose, congrats on pulling it off and good timing having plenty of help with the pack. I'm kind of amazed they even have a hunt there if they think their are only 20 moose in the unit.

Excellent! I've noticed that when you draw a good tag you always make the most of the hunt and do a great job of taking us along. Impressive crew of sherpas.

Nice moose, congrats on pulling it off and good timing having plenty of help with the pack. I'm kind of amazed they even have a hunt there if they think their are only 20 moose in the unit.

I might've misrepresented that. That's what she finds in what she considers the winter range of the unit, but obviously with moose that could be anywhere. There is also some definite migration that goes on. After seeing what I did I'm thinking it's more like 40-50 moose, and I bet she'd agree.

Congrats on a fine moose, Randy!

And thanks for taking all us Hunttalker's along for the ride, it was a fun follow.

And kudos to all the fellas who chipped in to help, that's cool as hell.

Cheers, fellas!

Chris

What a great time, thanks Randy for having me along for the ride!

Looks like the story has been told (other than a few hidden gems WOWZA CAT) but I will add some of my favorite pics from the trip.

DSCN4885.jpg

DSCN4895.jpg

DSCN4927.jpg

DSCN4932.jpg

DSCN4962.jpg

DSCN4969.jpg

DSCN4974.jpg

DSCN4976.jpg

DSCN4980.jpg

DSCN4982.jpg

DSCN4989.jpg

DSCN4997.jpg

DSCN5005.jpg

DSCN5012.jpg

A jaunty tale of fraternity and killing stuff.

Nice work boys. Great ride along, Randy. Congrats!!

What an outstanding hunt, Randy and friends! A most enjoyable thread to follow here on Hunt Talk! The camaraderie mixed with the talent and most importantly, their sincerity towards the definition of "friendship" had to be an outstanding reward to have experienced this hunt together!

All hands involved, thanks for the details allowing us to follow along and a massive congratulations, Randy! What a fantastic hunt and bull!

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Reedgar
Back