Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

A REALLY bad day !!!

This guy sounds like a real winner. I suspect this is his last year in business.

This does happen, most of the time a honest mistake that can be fixed. You will know what kind of a taxi he is if he makes an effort to track your buck down . I took in a beautiful 35" hen steelhead and got back a 33 'buck. not happy. But learned a lesson, and let it rest..Nothing I could do about it.so many fish had went in and out he could not track it down.

How do we insure that when you Google ( LEE'S TAXIDERMY, FURS & GINSENG ) this thread is one of the first results?

You post new threads on all forums you belong to, with the title "LEE'S TAXIDERMY, FURS & GINSENG" and you'll be getting your message out.

Last edited:
To me, it should be good enough just knowing what you accomplished, without having the mount.

I also see that you have some great pictures, you obviously had a great time, and the hunt was special to you.

Thats the best part of that trophy...and better than any mounted head you'll have on the wall...and by a landslide, at a minimum.

Oh, and if you want something for the wall...I have 30+ pronghorn Euro's including several that are in the size range of the one you shot. One sort of close to what you have there...you're welcome to it.

You are a good man BUZZ!

I hate to even hear of this crap!! Like everyone has said, it happens all the time I'm sure. . .He knows where they are. About 6 years ago I shot a giant 10 pt whitetail here and had the horns sitting inside my Dad's detached garage/ workshop. .only a very few people were told and shown. . .that next day. . .they were gone! Someone drove down my Dad's long lane right up to the garage and stole them while Dad was back in the woods. I'm still sick over it. . .just hope I never see them hanging someplace or it will get ugly in a hurry!!!! We rough scored them at 172". I'm sure they got sold to someone.
Anyway, good luck. I sure hope you find them!!

I read Buzz's post and would offer the same sentiments. (10 years ago - would have driven back to help you make this right = the right way. >What now?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Tl_4LbcpQo

It is unreal - reading your story, my immediate thought was the basterd sold your BIG buck for a quick buck. And there will be no recourse, unles s you put the ol' boy in the hospital. A ticket for assult wil not replace the horns.

You will shoot many more trophies, as Buzz has, and you are a great sportsman. Keep this going!

I have been sharing this story with as many people as I can from the area. Both my dad and I have had taxi work done by Lee's in the past, but not anything since the late 80's. This isn't the first instance of Lee having problems like this; which is why we quit patronizing him.

If anyone in the Hastings, MN or Prescott, WI area is looking for a good taxi to use instead of Lee's, check out John's Outdoors, south of Hastings. I have known the guy since I was a teenager, and he does really good work, he used to have a bow shop along with taxidermy, but got too busy on the taxi side.

If anyone in the Hastings, MN or Prescott, WI area is looking for a good taxi to use instead of Lee's, check out John's Outdoors, south of Hastings. I have known the guy since I was a teenager, and he does really good work, he used to have a bow shop along with taxidermy, but got too busy on the taxi side.

I too would recommend John. He does all of our work, and I have never been disappointed. He is a great guy and definitely worth a look at if you are getting something done in this area.

I also bought my first bow ever from John's archery shop!

I also bought my first bow ever from John's archery shop!

He is definately the kind of guy I like to support. He only lives a few miles from where I grew up, and my parents still live.

I started shooting winter leagues at John's with my dad when I was about 12, and used to help him out setting up 3D shoots during the summer. I wish I could still shoot a bow as well as I did back then.

Why anyone would want to have someone else's trophy on their wall is beyond me! Hope Trigger50 and Rut Junkey's dad shoot bigger bucks! Good huntin'

Oh man - lost my heart reading this. Just plain sucks big time.

Thumbs up on Buzz's kind offer. Very classy.

Suggestion to hopefully save others from the same - spread the word of your "experience", add your own review with a link to this thread to; 24hourcampfire.com, Longrangehunting.com, Monstermuleys.com, Google, Facebook, Yelp, Yellowpages.com, Mapquest.com, Merchantcircle.com, Yahoo.com, Citysearch.com, Superpages.com, to name a few....that ought to get the word out.

PEAX Trekking Poles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
muleydude
Back