Caribou Gear

A Minnesota Secret...

Lefse, lutefisk, and a bull elk. That's a beauty! ND has a similar once-in-a-lifetime draw. Hoping that happens sooner rather than later for me!

Very nice I didn't know MN had this. I knew WI had their first hunt this year.

Thanks everyone. This one is from the very NW corner of the state. There is a smaller herd SE of there too but they don't have a season due to lack of numbers.

Amazing bull considering the #'s!
They give an age?

Grats on a once in a lifetime hunt!

The challenges faced for reintroductions of elk where their numbers are contending with NW Minnesota's soybean, etc agriculture lndustry. Hopefully, yet daunting, the opportunity to re-introduce into the Eastern area though again to contend with the other challenge, predators, wolves and bears.

Amazing to see a beaut of a bull from Minnesota on this forum. Congrats!

Last edited:
Amazing bull considering the #'s!
They give an age?

Grats on a once in a lifetime hunt!

The challenges faced for reintroductions of elk where their numbers are contending with NW Minnesota's soybean, etc agriculture lndustry. Hopefully, yet daunting, the opportunity to re-introduce into the Eastern area though again to contend with the other challenge, predators, wolves and bears.

Amazing to see a beaut of a bull from Minnesota on this forum. Congrats!

The biologists took a bunch of different hair and tissue samples but I never heard what the age was. We were required to stop to get him registered and so they could take all the sample. They were supposed to get back to us about the age and some other things. Right after this hunt is when the CWD stuff started hitting hard so I'm sure the DNR labs were busy testing for CWD instead. My guess would be he was 8 or 9.

Is a dandy of a bull, congrats! I just noticed your from Albany, I grew up by collegeville and now am in NW St. Cloud, for now..

Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brutus56
Back