a kids first trout!

Hem

I have taken my daughter fishing with me since the beginning.Normally I hook the fish,she reels it in.This time she mostly handled it herself.Damn, I hadn't even rigged the fly rod and here she is with this 20' rainbow flopping on shore.Its a proud moment as only we sportspeople would understand. Appropriately i didn't catch anything today, as it should be....this ONE time.;)

Attachments

• DSCN7072.jpg
    DSCN7072.jpg
    83.5 KB · Views: 390
That is a great experience, and one that you and her will remember for years to come. Congrats on the great fish!

Making memories with your children...can't get much better than that. My little girl loves fishing and is always the first one to ask when we can go again!

yea, fun afternoon on Canyon Ferry.She pestered me all winter on how she wanted to catch a fish on HER rod.Of course I'm wondering how I can pull this off since there really isn't any "gimme" fishing around here.The fish gods were looking down on us, and with the help of a big fat nightcrawler.A bit of advice for Dads(or moms), the starter rod she used is fun, a "Diego" rod,for those in the know, but doesn't really work that great with a heavy twenty incher.:)

Very cool, indeed. The pic tells the story of what it is all about. Looks like she got dinner out of the deal, too.

That is fantastic. Hope to post some of the same here soon. Thanks for sharing - way to go dad.

Whoa! A memory for you and her that will last a lifetime!!!

Grats, Dad!

Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
1sockeye2
Back