Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

A Good Day in Idaho

bdidaho

A friend called yesterday and asked if I'd be interested in chukar hunting today. I'm 56 and have bad knees so I had to think about this for a while.The doctor told me last week to take it easy on my knees for the next month so he could see if some new medication would work better than my old pills. " Taking it easy" is such a relative term. Does that mean to stay close to the truck and out of the foot deep snow on top of the lava rock? Or is 12 inch snow on a side hill o.k. and just stay out of the 2 foot stuff?? So I told my buddy I'd go! The canyon we hunted is a popular fishing and camping spot in the summer and I only frequent the lower road-less area then because of the crowds, but today I only saw one other person and he was fishing. The canyon was crowded none the less but with everything but people. Saw a dozen deer, over 50 turkeys, 5 bald eagles and hundreds of chukars. The little buggers usually got up just out of range but that didn't stop me from saluting them as they left. The chukars won today as they almost always do. Final score, Chukars-12 Bill -3!! But it was still an awesome day.

Attachments

• kevin 056.jpg
    kevin 056.jpg
    48.6 KB · Views: 386
  • kevin 002.jpg
    kevin 002.jpg
    270.9 KB · Views: 380
  • kevin 013.jpg
    kevin 013.jpg
    65 KB · Views: 378
A few more pictures from today

A couple more pics from today

Attachments

• kevin 028.jpg
    kevin 028.jpg
    67.9 KB · Views: 386
  • kevin 035.jpg
    kevin 035.jpg
    52.6 KB · Views: 399
Nice! Lets see...turkeys, chukar, deer, and fishing. Looks like.... Congrats, I went today above Weiser and there was 14" of snow. Many road birds, but just looked at them. Dog was pissed, but past the blood stage.

I'm jealous of you ID and OR boys. Our upland season lasts until Jan 1, but you guys get to beat those winter doldrums longer than we do.

WOW! Great pics Bdidaho! Looks like a great time - Thanks for sharing and grats on the good time!

I never got to go chukar hunting when I lived in Salmon but my dad did a lot and tells me it was the most rugged hunting he's ever done. Looks like a good day. Thanks

Atta baby...My motto is if there's lead/steel in the air, there's danger! Great pic's also...

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
muleydude
Back