A few mounts I just had done

nube

harley12.jpg

Took a trip to Washington this year and got my first Harli

We don't get many decently plumed out birds here as the birds are gone before they get a chance to grow good tails on them so when I was in Washington I got a few good looking puddle ducks for the wall
duckmount2011.jpg

Here is a speck my taxidermist did up as well for a guy I know this year.
spec.jpg

And a nice woodie
woodduck1.jpg

Those are all very good! Your taxidermist is awesome with birds.
Any tricks to keep birds in good shape before getting them to the taxidermist?
A taxidermist told me to put the duck in panty hose, cut it to length, and tie it off. The tight fit keeps the feathers from getting ruffled and bent.

The panty hose trick works great to keep the feather secure! I do it every time I get a bird that I want to take to the taxidermist. Then cover it in freezer wrap of some sort so if it's in the freezer a little longer it won't eat away the feathers. Awesome mounts!

Surprisingly the guy I take them to says to stay away from the pantyhose thing for the birds. He says you will ruffle the feathers up too much in them compared to a nicely folded bird in a plastic bag. Not really sure what is the best bet as I have heard to use them and not to as well.

That woodie is really nice I had one once. Got home from work and %$#$%$# feathers all over the place. ##### kids cat.

Damn!!!! Call you Mr. Prime Time! Next time you are in town I think it will be high 5 time.

Aflac ain't got %R@#$ on you!

Those are all very good! Your taxidermist is awesome with birds.

A taxidermist told me to put the duck in panty hose, cut it to length, and tie it off. The tight fit keeps the feathers from getting ruffled and bent.

That and wipe off as much blood you can before doing that and putting clotting in the nose/mouth if bleeding from there...Great mounts!

Nice collection you have there. I've got 4 birds in the freezer, just need the funds to send them off.

Hope this doesn't come off the wrong way and maybe it's the camera angle, but the Pintail neck seems fat to me.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Big daddy
Back