Caribou Gear Tarp

A few more

I'd be interested in how you like the new Trimble as well.

But, I'm glad to see your to big of a wuzz to take some gear from your seasonal... ;)

In my experience, seasonals get more of the real work done. It's best that they have the equipment.

In my experience, seasonals get more of the real work done. It's best that they have the equipment.
I need to get out more then. There's only been two range and one wildlife seasonal in my office for the last 4 years. Both range folks (I was one and the first in close to 10yrs) are now full time. The only seasonals I'm very familiar with are firefighters and weed sprayers, neither of which are turning the world over. I think that's one reason I sorta like our office, the range staff is responsible for ALOT of field work.

Hey, if you'd like to do something more exciting than flora, we could always use some help. ;) Of course, there are always weed surveys to do as well, if you're into that sort of thing.
puke.gif

Were do I sign if I am going to get a view like some of those.

1_p, mtmiller,
We just ordered a couple of these, with ArcPad and the post-processing software. I hope to get out in the field with one in the next month or so and see how they work. I love the end-of-year gear buy for tax writeoffs!:D

What a job Oak. Wish I knew about careers like that when I was wondering what to do with my life towards the end of High School just north of Boston :BLEEP: . I guess at least my kid will have a chance at knowing the awesome west. Hope he doesn't want to move back east to work. AGreat pictures.

--Bill

We have a couple of these in our office (weed guys get all the money):D .

xcext.jpg

http://store.elecdata.com/juniper/juniper_archer_terrasync_bundles.aspx

Pretty cool to put aerial backgrounds and land status on the screen, only part that wasn't impressive was that it doesn't seem to work very well when the temp is -4 and it is strapped to the ATV gas tank.:D Oh well, the ATV tranmission was froze up and was stuck in second, so I wasn't getting anywhere fast anyway.

I need to get give it another try in the field, but I guess I will have to wait for the weather to improve.:D

Very cool GPS units guys. Oak I don't know how much you've messed with ARCPad but I got seriously spoiled using it in the field in the last couple years. Is it wrong I kind of miss some parts of temp work?

I haven't used ARCPad in the field, but I can definately see the benefit to entering data directly into it in the field. Even more helpful is the ability to do vector-based geospatial analysis in the field. It would be the shiznit for hunting. If it wouldn't cut into my hunting budget so much, I'd buy one of these for "work" and use it as a tax deduction. :D

cool toys.

I used one of these satellite tracking units tied to my ATV on my antelope hunting trip. We gave a presentation the following week (for work) to the big wigs about how this works. Could show on a display where I went, when, in detail. Could see when I was hunting, getting gas, and making multiple stops to the bar. :D

Greenhorn, a guy could do a lot of scouting pretty easily with a few of those. ;)

Oak,
None of those were lousy photos. All really great shots. I especially like "that fork in the road shot" and the traffic cop at the rocks.

GOHUNT Insider

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
muleydude
Back