9 CO preference points

Ohio Josh

Hi guys, I have 9 Colorado Elk P.P. From what I gather I may as well spend them due to point creep??? I am open to any weapon. The very helpful CO hunt planner suggests muzzleloader unit 4 or 12 or 33. 33 allows some access to 23-24 as well. I'm happy with an opportunity on a bull hopefully bigger than a raghorn. Not asking you to number crunch. Just looking for general thoughts on burning these points. Or do I keep building. I can always do MT gerneral or an easy to draw no P.P. CO. Thank you.

Last edited:
Are you wanting to go guided or unguided? If willing to go guided or pay for access you should seriously consider archery in unit 40. Glade park has some of the biggest bulls in the state.

Last edited:
If I were you, I’d look closely at 49. It’s high country. Wonderful elk-hunting experience and they pull some nice bulls out of that country. You’re a tad behind the muzzleloader and 1st rifle season point requirements but way ahead of the 2nd-4th season minimum points

Thanks guys, I will look into 40 and 49. Going DIY. Approximately what would an access fee in 40 run? Thanks!

Please don't spend 9 Points on 4, 12, or 33.

Unit 40 access is going to be 5 - 7k.

As suggested above, 49 is great, I'd look hard at 48 and 76 to. I'm not sure if you have enough points, but 61 is great.

I think you're behind the point creep by a couple points for 40.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rifleman270
Back