6 Bulls in one Afternoon

sra61

I only have some wolf tags left so I went out to do a little road hunting yesterday with my brother looking for a deer for him west of town, and what do we see? 10 Moose! and at least six of them were bulls! I just spent 37 days looking for the first bull moose in 104 and in one afternoon we see 10 moose, six of which are bulls! There were two groups of five, just a couple of miles apart. The first group had 4 bulls that we could see for sure. The second group had 2 bulls that kept sparring. There could easily have been more. One bunch was about 1 mile away and the other was at least a couple. I took some pics through the old spotting scope we had along. I really want one of those digiscope adapters for my phone. Maybe Santa will bring one? There were probably three that were about like the bull I got over in 104. Very cool to see that many in one place, Maybe the wolf numbers are down a little. I know where I'll be come spring!

The irony of how hard and diligent you hunted for a bull to come across these while looking for a deer for the brother. You must laughed heartily at the folly of it.

The irony of how hard and diligent you hunted for a bull to come across these while looking for a deer for the brother. You must laughed heartily at the folly of it.
Pretty damn funny. This wasn't in my unit, but still pretty funny. I was very happy to see this many moose still around. I have never seen that many in one small area before and I really think it may show that the hunting pressure on the wolves may actually be doing some good! I'm going over to 104 where my moose tag was, next weekend to see if I can call some of those wolves in. Those animals over there need some help.

Cool. I came across 6 bulls all together this fall. Not a great picture as all I had was my phone. Pretty awesome sight to see. I saw more game that morning than on my last trip to Yellowstone.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    23.3 KB · Views: 550
What really surprised me was that these moose are right in the middle of what was wolf central! Maybe this means the wolf depredation is less now. I'm hoping.

Caribou Gear

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ceemee63
Back