Caribou Gear Tarp

6.5 cm hate?

• Thread starter Deleted member 38069
  • Start date
Mainly, I think it's tribalism and the desire to either be a part of some perceived community or to eschew that community in favor of our own, presupposed identities. It's no different than sports teams and fandom. Vortex, Kuiu, First Lite, Sitka, Defiance Machine, etc are all symbols of not only our ability a hunters, but our ability to be perceived as something marketing tells us we should be - wilderness athletes, etc.

There is a real human need to be part of a tribe, a collective or a community: the herd mentality. It's why we went from nomadic single family groups of hunters to clusters of individual family units living in huts, harvesting wild grains and training animals to be companions, building larger structures and ultimately forming city-states and villages.

Then there were those who stood outside the gates, in their loin clothes & telling everyone how the new-fangled bow and arrow will never replace the spear, because the arrow is just a little bit shorter than the spear, but the spear has a much better sectional density and wound channel for clean kills.

Or as simple as a guy wanted a new rifle and the 6.5 fit a spot he didn't have.

I think the 6.5 creedmore has had some great marketing and the following is growing stronger. Also it is by design an inherently accurate cartridge and thus helping its popularity. Gun manufacturers are going to produce them and continue to.
Like stated it’s a great choice for medium game and mid range hunting given the correct bullet and shot placement.
The 6.5 creedmore is around to stay. I think the 260rem will probably fall out before the creedmore will.

That said I won’t be building one as I already have a 6.5SAUM.

Does the 6.5 creedmore or Kuiu gear make someone a better hunter? It might. It might not. What’s important to me is the confidence and practice with your rifle and getting familiar with it. High end Camo does IMO make me more comfortable while hunting and does serve a purpose for me.

Or as simple as a guy wanted a new rifle and the 6.5 fit a spot he didn't have.

That sums it up for me, I was deciding between a 280AI and 6.5 and the 6.5 was better suited for my kids recoil wise when they get older. So man bun it was...still want that 280AI though.

I'm definitely biased... but I think the .264 win mag is the best 6.5 cartridge

If you consider max large game range to be max range able to impart 1500ft-lbs of energy (just for arguments sake), and that 20 ft-lbs is about the max recoil your average shooter can tolerate (from chuck hawks) the .264 win mag reaches out much further than the creedmore but at not nearly the cost in recoil of the 26 Nosler or 6.5-300 weatherby, in my opinion it's in that perfect sweet spot.

All shooting 140 grain accubond
6.5 creedmore =300 yards
.264 win mag = 450 yards
26 nosler = 600 yards
6.5-300 Weatherby = 650 yards

Recoil
6.5 Creemore= 13.1 ft-lbs
.264 win mag = 18.8 ft-lbs
26 Nosler =30.3 ft-lbs
6.5-300 Weatherby = 31.9 ft-lbs

6.5-284, hands down.

JK, they all have their good points.

The best part about not being on a fad with rifles is being able to purchase ammo. The 6.5 CM LR ammo is flying off the shelves right now with many empty spots where I was able to take my pick on .243 ammo today at Sportsmans in Cheyenne.

6.5 creedbro

Attachments

• 506B09D9-A2A9-4EEC-907A-C36E1E64CCC6.jpg
    506B09D9-A2A9-4EEC-907A-C36E1E64CCC6.jpg
    65.2 KB · Views: 352
Was totally digging the second half with Shodekeh... maybe I need to get a 6.5 MB can I tell people it's for my wife?

Clearly this doesn't just apply to ussocom...

Attachments

• 308-65-ussocom-meme-700x467.jpg
    308-65-ussocom-meme-700x467.jpg
    65.5 KB · Views: 265
This is a good one too

Attachments

• images.jpeg
    images.jpeg
    9.7 KB · Views: 341
One time I loaded my 6.5 Creedmor when I left my truck. I accidently pointed it towards a mountain where a herd of elk was grazing a mile away. The entire herd died when the muzzle covered them. It's that efficient as a round. Does this make me a poacher?

At least the 6.5 comes with a lot of cool memes. :)

That sums it up for me, I was deciding between a 280AI and 6.5 and the 6.5 was better suited for my kids recoil wise when they get older. So man bun it was...still want that 280AI though.

Right there with you, but I did go and buy a 280 Remington so I could give the 6.5 MB to my daughter.

Let me preface this by pointing out I realize how petty this is, but one sole jack wagon at the range several years ago turned me off from ever wanting a 6.5cm. We started a conversation and within 30 seconds of speaking with no prompting he pointed out he was a cop and rattled off all manner of marksman instructor he supposedly was when he was in the military. I asked what he was shooting and he said 6.5cm and stated the exact specifications of every part of his hand loads. He then proceeded to tell me how anyone that’s interested in shooting accurately isn’t really interested in doing so if they don’t shoot a 6.5cm. Also told me I had no business trying to sight my new scope in with the bullets I had brought with me because the boxes had separate lot numbers. I started to tune him out at this point but did catch something about him shooting whitetails at 800+yds with his rifle. This was all within 5 minutes of meeting this man. I could tell this guy was just one of those that wants to toot his own horn all the time and if you didn’t agree with him you were obviously just some pleb who hadn’t been enlightened yet. Obviously not worth putting any credence to what he says but man he sure rubbed me the wrong way.

I left the range that day and my petty side said I’ll never own a 6.5cm and would continue driving tacks and smoking deer with my .30cal bullets. :D

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sscrano
Back