$49.44

Years ago I made the decision to become more self reliant from the grocery stores. When I see stuff like this I feel it was well worth all the hard work. I will add it's also given me a new perspective our nation's food industry needs a complete reworking from the ground up. If I can't grow it, raise it or, find it locally sourced I probably don't need it and that includes coffee (I know break out the pitchfork he dosen't drink coffe). Those increases aren't going to the people raising and growing your food. I sold 120 eggs this weekend, ate my own beef and asparagus, and spent hours on my garden. The more reliant you are on a system the less control you have over it.20230508_140420.jpg

Have been burning through the grocery budget in a trip or two and I don’t even get anything fun, other than chicken or eggs and fish, all our proteins are wild game.

Brutal.

I will say I am still very fortunate to have a semi-flexible budget to be able to adjust or lessen the amount going to savings to offset the groceries. There are definitely families hurting wondering about being able to either pay bills or buy groceries.

Years ago I made the decision to become more self reliant from the grocery stores. When I see stuff like this I feel it was well worth all the hard work. I will add it's also given me a new perspective our nation's food industry needs a complete reworking from the ground up. If I can't grow it, raise it or, find it locally sourced I probably don't need it and that includes coffee (I know break out the pitchfork he dosen't drink coffe). Those increases aren't going to the people raising and growing your food. I sold 120 eggs this weekend, ate my own beef and asparagus, and spent hours on my garden. The more reliant you are on a system the less control you have over it.View attachment 275179
1683579743288.png

I see your problem. Never buy organic! Could have skipped that junk and just bought a steak! :ROFLMAO: I buy groceries every Friday and it definitely does suck when you're on a fixed income.

Get your ass in the corner and shut your pie hole. Sit tight until I tell you it is ok to get up.....and give me that damn phone. You will get it back when I have decided you have learned your lesson.

Now dammit.
Simmer down, he has “well known member” under his name. He’s one of us. We can tell him where the honey holes are at, but at 23.99 a box that ain’t no honey hole!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sbaker
Back