439-Inch Roosevelt Elk (CA) on Field & Stream via Yahoo

Some great pictures of it floating around standing and sleeping in peoples yards. Sounds like he isn’t too well liked for this bull and his current archery world record
Source? Just not sure how to search for this sort of thing. That's too bad.

Some great pictures of it floating around standing and sleeping in peoples yards. Sounds like he isn’t too well liked for this bull and his current archery world record
That's the way most these rare record breaking big animals are killed these days. Neighborhood animals, golf course animals, it's all the rage.

Last edited:
Source? Just not sure how to search for this sort of thing. That's too bad.
Boone and Crockett Facebook page has replies with pics of it alive standing in yards. It looks like they did some comment clean ups since last night

Sounds like he killed a townie , what a shame. Some critters should be off limits.
Id probably shoot that bull 2 feet on to public, in front of the golf course homeowners 🤣

I get what youre saying though. They are cool to watch and its not real sportsmans like to shoot the half tame ones. Hopefully he was able to spread his genetics for a few years.

I didn't know anything more that was included in the article as posted here. Anything on F-book is unknown to me, as I've never used it.

Still, if he shot it 'in the wild' of the mountains, etc. and didn't just track and shoot it as it was 'leaving the golf course', I don't see the 'townie' label as very meaningful. It is a wild animal and he (assumingly) took it legally. Anyone else could have done the same (as some have hinted at here) with or without knowledge about any townie issue.

Is there history of hunters passing on this animal in the past related to the townie label?

I'm not advocating either way. I don't have a position.
I find it an interesting scenario though.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JMD
Back