Yeti GOBOX Collection

400+" Montana Bull in Extreme Elk Magazine

Today is a hard day to think about trophies. I love big elk as much as the next guy, but seriously, all I could do when I came home was hug my son and do whatever he wanted till he went to bed. Man I love my baby boy!

Last edited:
What does that Bloomgren kid do for work? Or better yet how the heck does he have time to scout the whole state and find a Booner every year? Congrats to him he must have a knack for finding bug bulls. Awesome bull.

You know, I was contacted by some people to write a story. I feel like I pretty much told it all here. I hope critter's story get in somewhere. That is a great story. Packing in, etc. This blomgren dude, driving whereever he got that thing and seeing this bull over and over is pretty cool. I was hunting out of my truck day after day, not really magazine type hunting material. LOL.

Corey finally talked me into sending mine to him:D Guessing it may follow in the next issue of same magazine, the guys there do a great job there. Like the magazine.

Although all bulls near the 400" mark are truly remarkable, drahthaars bull to me is one of the best feats. He was hunting some of the toughest country in my mind to kill a good bull let alone a monster bull. There have always been big bulls in that country but killing them is tough work.............I think its story worthy man;)

What does that even mean? As opposed to other 400 inch bulls that don't also look absolutely HUGE?

I guess what i was trying to say is that line ten 400 in bulls up and there is probably a fair variance in the antler style and tine growth between them, sure they all get over the line for different reasons, but some just seem to look incredible and others, well they have it all there to get to that score. (Not that i personally gauge a persons success on the score of the harvested animal)

For me at least, that dead pick up bull had truly awesome antler style so i commented on that.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rifleman270
Back