$382,000 !!!

The buyer paid via a check thus no credit processing fees.

Regarding AZ elk tags... There are a total of 3. Of that, 2 normally go to auction and one goes into the AZ Super Raffle.

Doesn't Arizona do a calendar year thing like CO? Like they don't have to follow existing season dates?

Doesn't Arizona do a calendar year thing like CO? Like they don't have to follow existing season dates?

Colorado is not a calendar year. The start date is unit-specific to the regular season start dates, and the tags are good until December 31st. Pronghorn is slightly different, and is the only species that gives the tag holder a "head start" on regular hunters.

Colorado is not a calendar year. The start date is unit-specific to the regular season start dates, and the tags are good until December 31st. Pronghorn is slightly different, and is the only species that gives the tag holder a "head start" on regular hunters.

Thanks Oak,

I'm missing something though, because hasn't there been bulls killed the last couple years in velvet on the Governor's tag? The only August hunts I can find on AZ's regs are antlerless and OTC.

I'm also not seeing any limited permits go after December 12.

Randy - I think AZ hunters on these tags get to go from August 15th to August 14th of the following year. Probably the biggest criticism of the AZ tags.

I thought this was a reference to Colorado, which does not do a calendar year hunt, so....

Thanks Oak,

I'm missing something though, because hasn't there been bulls killed the last couple years in velvet on the Governor's tag? The only August hunts I can find on AZ's regs are antlerless and OTC.

I'm also not seeing any limited permits go after December 12.

Yes, AZ does a full calendar year hunt.

I thought this was a reference to Colorado, which does not do a calendar year hunt, so....

Yes, AZ does a full calendar year hunt.

Ah, my bad. I read right through where you were correcting me on CO, not AZ.

I can't get behind these tags when they're hunting the animals out of season, doesn't seem right to me.

Back