PEAX Equipment

338 mag scope ?

Rooster52

I have three scopes to choose from
Leupold VX I 3=9x40

Nikon Buckmaster 3-9x40 older model

Bushnell 3200 Elite 3-9x40

All are new.

What would you say would be the better scope of the three for my Browning 338 mag ??

To me the Nikon is brighter and clearer.

The Bushnell Elite is a great scope. I have a 4-12 on a 7 mag and it has done well. The other two are also decent. I have an older Buckmaster that has been on a 6mm for years. Try all three! It gives you a reason to go shoot!

Yes,I have two of the older Buckmaster scopes still new in the box,plan on putting one on my new Browning XBOLT.
All three scopes are all pretty equal. I think the 3200 Elite is what is going on my 338.

Yes,I have two of the older Buckmaster scopes still new in the box,plan on putting one on my new Browning XBOLT.
All three scopes are all pretty equal. I think the 3200 Elite is what is going on my 338.

I would say that is a good choice. Mine has had no problem with recoil.

If you sell all three, get an SWFA 3x9. Totally dependable and tracks perfectly if you want to play with turrets. Less money than the VX3 and more dependable. It is a bit heavier, though.

The only one of the three scopes you mentiond that I have seen fail is the VX1 on a 300 wby that was a mule kicking sob. The 338 can be a kicker so IMHO I would go with the 3200. Or sell them and get the VX3 or 4200 bushnell.

I had a Browning BAR Carbine in 338 and I did not think the recoil was not that bad but this abolt might be stiffer.

Flip a 3 sided coin, and Go For It !

"Back In The Day" when I toted such shoulder-blammers, I had a 4X Redfield on my Win 70, .338 WM (sold it). Worked just fine then . Still have the scope, but it's on a Ruger 44 Mag now. Still true to point

Ahhhhh.... but that was back before I learned...........................

Last edited:
PEAX Trekking Poles

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lucafu1
Back