3/21/05 Start to the Bear season.. (pics)

DEL... You're killing my Pictures above man :)

I'll find and Re-link them......

Here was Tonight. Alot of Fun At Deadeye270's house I got anopther truckload of Bread and Twinkies and We went to town on the Drying racks as it rained outside :

4_7_05bait.JPG

4_7_05bait1.JPG

4_7_05bait2.JPG

4_7_05bait3.JPG

I hope all these bread pictures will be supplemented with big bear pictures in a couple of weeks. I wish we could bait up here. Looks like a good time preppin.
I had to laugh a couple minutes ago a friend called as I'm packin gear for bear hunting this weekend and he said he just bought a remote control boat, and he can't wait to use it for fishing this weekend. I think I'll stick with the hunting trip.

LOL bud..... BIG BEAR's ? HAHA !!! No, But bear pictures we'll have. I've killed 7 bears and Non big..... Not even close. Hell I can't even get a "picture" of BIG BEAR around here.......

That being said, Pictures will be coming in soon. I have the Load in my Garage just waiting for the OK from Fish and Game to dump it :)

Damn Moosie the neighbors (and the mice) must love you ;)

...you are indeed a Master-Baiter if I've ever seen one! hump

Dang it MarvB beat me to it..

Looks like a alot of fun for everyone...Your boys are getting big to! Thats pretty cool. They'll be some good hunting partners. Good luck with Yogi!

Moosie, you make me sick! All that fun and three boys to share it with! What are those boys going to do when you grow up and they turn around and tell you "if you can't walk any faster, next time stay in the truck". I'm not jealous.....I'm not Jealous....I'm gonna go to the deer lease and plow tommorrow.....Dang it!

3 truckloads of Bread/Twinkies dried out and in bags..... CHECK !!

6 Cubic yards (162 Cubic feet) or Variety Cereal. (Frosted flakes,COA-COA puffs Etc.)..... CHECK !!

55 Gallons of Molass's....CHECK !!

110 Lbs of Dog food......CHECK !!

100 lbs of Rolled oats...CHECK !!

8 bags of marshmellows...CHECK !!

2 gallons of honey........CHECK !!

12 cans of Dogfood.....CHECK !!

3 trail camera's......CHECK !!

1 trail timer......CHECK !!

5 tree stands......CHECK !!

.......6 days till liftoff !!!

You are way ahead of me Moosie. I just got back late last night from a week in Mexico hump . I have to pick up my permit and first pickup load of bait today.

I'll be using bread, donuts, fruit pies, twinkies, dog food, fruit, maybe some powerbar, fryer grease, etc. We're hunting either unit 35 or 44 or maybe both.

Where are you going to in Mexico? We just got back from Cancun. Crazy time!! Have fun.

A cruise this year.. Cancun was last year.. We're stop in Cancun for a day though, I think Beliz, cosumel and a couple others.... a 7 day break from life :D

We'll be in 39 and a few other units. We'll have to compare pictures in week !!!!!

We didn't take many pictures :confused: and Walmart probably won't develop the one's that I did take ;) Most of the time I just forgot that we even had the camera. This was our fourth trip there so this time we mostly just relaxed around the pool and beach with cervezas and margaritas.

I just picked up a truck load of bait. I've got a lot of unwrapping to do. :D

Hey I've only been back for 15 hours! I think I may still be a little drunk :D I haven't got a trail cam but hopefully I'll have some good video and pictures from the stand in a few weeks.

You porkin em up??

I see you are try to grow that big bear you say you have never gotten. What do you call big? Forget the grizzlies, they are another animal all together. Anything over 350 would be a big bear. I saw on the idaho fish and game site that some units average 40 percent kill over the 5 year age class. There has to be some big bears in there!

If I were after a big bear, Idaho would be low on my list. That's not to say we don't have P&Y or B&C bears because we do, just that odds are much better in other places. Bear are one animal where size or lack of, is not a big deal to me. It's just to much fun huntin' them to worry about it much. :)

350 is a Big bear to me too. We jsut have them in this area much. I know some people get lucky around here but the average bear that get's brought in is small... Small being under 200#'s.

It's not the growing of the bear we're trying, but making sure we have the best site out there. We also like to take alot of pictures and video and have alot of fun doing it. It's a good spring workout :D

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CrownDitch
Back