Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

2024 Colorado Draw Results Thread

Hunted this one several days (archery) before

Screenshot_20240408_145046_OneDrive.jpg

I shot this one, "after"

Screenshot_20240408_145001_OneDrive.jpg

This year I'm just aiming to burn my elk points on a 1st rifle hunt, should draw unless point creep is >3. And I guess I'll have 1% chance at a sheep tag.

Honest?

With draws being mostly run by high tech computers these days.

What causes the delay from app close to results posted?

Seems wild or uncessecary to withhold that info for months.

Wyo and CO come to mind.

One issue is that they haven't even set the quotas yet for Elk, Deer, Pronghorn or Moose in CO. May 1, 2 commission meeting they finalize the quotas. So about a 20-25 day turnaround after that. If you look at the Sheep and Goat draw, they turn that around in 2 weeks from the deadline. So not bad if you look at it that way. I wish they would just make the app deadline late April so I will know my NM results before applying. haha

Wyoming is pretty fast except for NR Elk. That one makes no sense at all unless I'm missing a legit reason for that long a wait.

One issue is that they haven't even set the quotas yet for Elk, Deer, Pronghorn or Moose in CO. May 1, 2 commission meeting they finalize the quotas. So about a 20-25 day turnaround after that. If you look at the Sheep and Goat draw, they turn that around in 2 weeks from the deadline. So not bad if you look at it that way. I wish they would just make the app deadline late April so I will know my NM results before applying. haha

Wyoming is pretty fast except for NR Elk. That one makes no sense at all unless I'm missing a legit reason for that long a wait.
There is and @JM77 and I were the reason it changed. Outfitters wanted to cut the application deadline to January 31.

Our reason for pushing the draw date back was so the GF could get previous years harvest data, complete classifications, and also so the tag splits were correct based on commission approved quotas. Another benefit to NR hunters is, they were able to apply for any new hunts approved by the commission in April. Prior to our pushing this, any new areas/hunts approved were 100% going to residents the first year.

As to the outfitters cutting off the application deadline, talk to them about it. We didn't want it, but they convinced the commission, there it is.

Points for me this year. Hopefully doing a guided elk hunt next year since me and my buddy have no idea how to hunt elk.

After talking with my buddy about the cost of a guided hunt, and booking it a year in advance with a 50% deposit he changed his mind real quick. Now planning a diy hunt wich is what I've been trying to talk him into all along.

This thread is so much better than all this social security talk. Keep this one going

Whoa, it looks like neither one of you came out of that fight unscathed.
That's @lbaldrid. We both killed deer our first day of out 2022 archery hunt. Seeing if I can track down the before and after of the third deer our group killed that trip. The stars aligned for us in Sept. 2022.

Reactions: Oak
Before:
full

After:
IMG_6099.jpeg

was going to post on this thread and realize the only before and after hunting pics I have, are of when my tent shanked me. So you'll have to wait for next year to see the mega buck and bull I harvest this year

was going to post on this thread and realize the only before and after hunting pics I have, are of when my tent shanked me. So you'll have to wait for next year to see the mega buck and bull I harvest this year
All you have to do is ask!

74C5E8FA-E9A4-415B-A711-A789C91B6F7F.jpeg
2023 Before
36754D23-77D6-42FA-A2CE-361CFFFE79BA.jpeg
2023 after
5023481F-7456-4EB5-A5A8-7EAA8945398A.jpeg
Before trying to climb the hill
EAB7D18D-487F-4ABF-8083-FEF33D43D312.jpeg
After trying to climb the hill

Forum statistics

Threads
Members