Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

2021 Super Bowl Vittles

Gellar

It is Monday of Super bowl week. Currently Aaron Rodgers and my Packers are still crying and Tom Brady is waking up next to Giselle in his own bed since the Super Bowl is in Tampa. I on the other hand am thinking about food for Sunday! No super bowl is complete without wings. This year I will be having squirrel hot wings and what else, I do not know yet. I will keep you posted. I would love to hear what you are planning for your 2021 Super bowl wether you are braving going to a party or just keeping it low key at home.

You have my attention
Pretty easy. I cut each squirrel into 5 pieces. 4 legs and the back. I simmer them in water for an hour. Bread them in a mixture of flour and shore lunch fish batter seasoned with garlic salt, pepper and cayenne pepper. Roll that in egg wash and bread again. Deep fry them till golden brown and roll them in your favorite sauce. Lately I have been using siricha chili sauce, a glob of honey, and some ginger.

Thanks for the insight. Im going to be giving some of the duck legs from this season a go as "buffalo wings" gonna do them "naked" with no breading after braising a bit for tenderness..looking forward to the pictures from this one

My wife cares nothing about football, but usually goes all out with the food. Wings, cocktail sausages, some sort of sandwich with ham, turkey, cheese, and sautéed onions with a mustard sauce, and a variety of dips, one of which is always rotel. Usually cookies and brownies for desert.

Think I'll cube a deer rump roast and toss it in the slow cooker for 8 hours give or take or oven roast and thin slice pork garlic mesquite tenderloin). Spear them with grilled onion, shitake pan seared slices, crisp slices of pepper (Costco colorful pack), and a few slices of favored Tillamook cheddar.
A buddy made these one year and it wS flippin' awesome!

Kabobs, jalapeño stuffed cream cheese wrapped w/ bacon ( @Gerald Martin special).
@JohnCushman needs to chime in. That guy's a master of food!

Think I'll cube a deer rump roast and toss it in the slow cooker for 8 hours give or take or oven roast and thin slice pork garlic mesquite tenderloin). Spear them with grilled onion, shitake pan seared slices, crisp slices of pepper (Costco colorful pack), and a few slices of favored Tillamook cheddar.
A buddy made these one year and it wS flippin' awesome!

Kabobs, jalapeño stuffed cream cheese wrapped w/ bacon ( @Gerald Martin special).
@JohnCushman needs to chime in. That guy's a master of food!
That sounds delicious. I hope Cushman chimes in!

@Gellar Street tacos are smaller tacos, typically served on corn tortillas. They’re simple with the filling (mine) of meat (smoked venison) some sautéed onion, cilantro, a little cotija cheese, an a squeeze of lime. They’re served on two small corn tortillas so that they don't rip or tear with the toppings. I believe they got their name from when Mexican families used to bring them into the cities to sell to workers “on the streets”. Here’s some I’ve made, side of pickled radishes and a little avocado cremea. Plus some of the sweet chili wings 👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻

3B28599E-0E67-4D3A-92CF-2E118C745C5C.jpeg1006932E-922E-4791-810A-D9220FC42464.jpeg

@Gellar Street tacos are smaller tacos, typically served on corn tortillas. They’re simple with the filling (mine) of meat (smoked venison) some sautéed onion, cilantro, a little cotija cheese, an a squeeze of lime. They’re served on two small corn tortillas so that they don't rip or tear with the toppings. I believe they got their name from when Mexican families used to bring them into the cities to sell to workers “on the streets”. Here’s some I’ve made, side of pickled radishes and a little avocado cremea. Plus some of the sweet chili wings 👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻

View attachment 172426View attachment 172427
Ok, Im all in on Street Tacos! And, in the middle of the night I had an epiphany. I am going to smoke the squirrel hot wings instead of frying.

I am starting with Cheese sticks dipped in a marinara sauce.
Potstickers with hot oil dip.
Then I'm smoking baby back ribs, cornish game hens with dirty rice,
and lollipop chicken glazed with Sweet Baby Rays Chipotle
and honey sauce. 💥

Back