Caribou Gear

2016 Southern California Blacktail (A-Zone)

SantaRita805

Here are some pictures of the blacktail my hunting partner and I harvested this year (2016). First photo is of my buck. Second photo is my hunting partners back country blacktail he harvested. Photos 3-6 are of the same backcountry hunt that my hunting partner harvested the deer on. One of the buck when I walked up on it. One of me glassing and one of our camp. No those are not our pack horses. They were from a group that packed in after us. We sure were glad they brought cold beer with them. It was one of the best beers I have ever had after we packed his deer off the mountain! The last photo is of my hunting partners unique deer he harvested on the last weekend. I hope you guys enjoy the photos!

IMG_2218.jpgIMG_2236.jpgIMG_2224.jpgIMG_2283.jpgIMG_2233.jpgIMG_2232.jpgIMG_2306.jpg

Yeah that is near the area where that deer was harvested (Sisquoc drainage). Hot, nasty, rugged stuff with little to no water around but there are some big bucks in there.

Congrats! I really want to give those a try some year. Just need to find someplace not full of poison oak...

Back