Caribou Gear

2014 nd antelope

2nasty4u

1.jpg
i drew a nd antelope tag last year, due to several hard winters the population on these guys in nd dropped big time so the season had been shut down for 4 or 5 years. anyways 2014 was the first year ndgf had an antelope season after being shut down and i was sitting pretty good on points and was lucky enough to draw a tag. i went out a few days early and looked over the entire unit and this was the best or one of the better ones i'd found in my searchings on public land. i like to think i was the first person in 5 years to shoot an antelope with a rifle, some went out with their bows, but the season opened up at 12 noon on fri and i was on this guy at about 11 and pulled the trigger about 3 seconds after my phone clock showed 1200

Hey now, you posted a bruiser from 2013 WY already. Pay no attention to me, I'm just jealous, but someday I'm going to get one like that. Did the antelope seem calmer than normal after not being hunted for a few years? I've never been in ND, but that antelope looks like an excellent reason to go. Congrats on another great buck!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jaly24
Back