Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

2013 Colo Antelope

ColoHal

Shot this buck near Pawnee National Grasslands with not a lot of time to hunt. Fun time and a unique buck.

Attachments

• IMAG0674.jpg
    IMAG0674.jpg
    62.8 KB · Views: 332
  • IMAG0676.jpg
    IMAG0676.jpg
    76.9 KB · Views: 329
  • IMAG0688 (2).jpg
    IMAG0688 (2).jpg
    52.9 KB · Views: 326
I'm from Maine out here for a month or so for work. There are still some buck tags available in Colorado GMU's 136, 141 and 143. I have no experience hunting Antelope and would love to give it a try while I'm here... However, those areas are private land only. Not a lot of funds to make this happen so hiring a guide is out of the question. Does anyone have any information on these areas or even know of someone I might be able to talk to about gaining permission to hunt in one of these areas? Thanks for any input you can offer!!!

The tip was actually touching the other so the very tip was worn down a bit. The buck wouldn't give me a broadside shot but kept looking back at his does. I had been to the range a lot and was confident in my gun so I took a neck shot at 330 yards and drilled him right below his skull. Last day of the season, an hour of shooting light left, about 50 more yards and he would have crested the ridge. Praise I had my gun dialed in. Preparation and confidence make all of the difference between success and disappointment.

Last edited:
PEAX Trekking Poles

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CrownDitch
Back