2012 trapping season

huntinfool5

We ended up doing pretty good this year on the trap line, just got back from dropping them off at the depot to get shipped to Canada for the May sale. Totals were 60 cats, 80 coons, 11 beaver, 14 fox, 17 coyotes kept out of 25 caught, and 2 otters, not bad for the Okie boys

Attachments

• furs_021.JPG
    furs_021.JPG
    95 KB · Views: 632
  • furs_024.JPG
    furs_024.JPG
    95.6 KB · Views: 996
  • furs_025.JPG
    furs_025.JPG
    90.8 KB · Views: 1,015
Wow, if those were western cats that would be some $$. Nice job, that's a LOT of time and effort on that wall that's for sure. How many acres are you trapping to get that many cats?

Man, a picture like that makes me jealous. I wish cameras were common fare when I was trapping a lot. All I have are the memories, not cool pics like this.

Congrats guys. You were after them good. Thanks for sharing.

Huntinfool05, making hunt talkers jealous with every dang post. If its not a big public land buck from kansas or oklahoma its a lifetime of trapping for most folks all done in one season! Geez you don't mess around.

Impressive work to say the least.

I would be happy with 100 average on the cats, it's hard to tell about what the rest will bring, the more the better but just being able to spend time with my dad and nephew in the outdoors is priceless, the money will be a added bonus, new bow, new gun some kind of toy will be bought I'm sure. All the animals were taken on public land, we have several thousand acres to trap, and yes all the foxes were greys, we don't have many reds but do get lucky everyonce in a while and catch one. Thanks for the comments guys.

I'm sure you'll do better then a $100 av.on the cats.you guys had a great year;big payday coming for you

That's way cool!!! I've always had a slight hankering to learn to trap and am thinking I may dip my toe in the water this fall/winter, though places to do so are hard to find around here. Congrats on what looks like a great season.

Congrats to you and have to say that looks like an absolute blast!

Color me jealous even though I do know how much work goes into trapping critters.

Way to go!

That's a lot of boards to have to shape. Last time I checked otter hides they didn't bring enough to bother skinning one. We're now seeing family groups of up to nine animals and they're really working on the fish in the river since it spent all last summer down to the deep holes with just a little bit of flow.

Nice bunch of hides; just reward for all the work.

Hey tarheel,you better catch those otters.Sold mine last year with a 104 dollar average,NC otters.I think they will do as good this year too.Go get them.

GOHUNT Insider

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rifleman270
Back