MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

2012 Colorado 2nd season muley hunt

elkkill2006

Well I am back from another great muley hunt with my father and my nephew hunted this year with us also. We had a great time as always and I cannot waite for the next muley hunt !

Opening morning I got my nephew on a great heavy 3x3, "BUT" he ended up shooting low and missing the buck. So we kept hunting for a good buck for my nephew the rest of the first weekend (he only had weekends to hunt due to college and wrestling).

On Monday dad and I were back at it and were finding only smaller bucks and does. He was having a tough time keeping his finger off the trigger again this year. So when this little 4x4 came out just before dark it was on for my dad.

quintonanddadsbucks079.jpg

2012muleyseason025.jpg

2012muleyseason026.jpg

Tuesday dad and I went out in the morning and found only smaller bucks and does again. So dad decided to run his deer back to town. My mom wanted to do some walking while dad was gone and so I took her out. I did not find any deer on my walk, but did end up doing some predator control with the Ultra Mag.

2012muleyseason029.jpg

Wedesday found dad and I back out again. No luck in the morning, but then the cold and rain moved in. That evening the bigger bucks started showing themselves and I could not pass on this one.....

quintonanddadsbucks090.jpg

quintonanddadsbucks089.jpg

The rest of the week we spent relaxing and looking at deer until Saturday morning when my nephew was back with us. He ended up taking this buck just after sun up !

2012muleyseason038.jpg

2012muleyseason040.jpg

We had a blast !!

Another great trip. You guys get it done year after year down there. Congrats!

Colorado Muley Hunt

Thanks for the great comments ! :D As far as the rifle sluggo, it was completely unloaded, but yes it still looks rough.

Rich,

My oldest son still has a 3rd season buck tag in the unit just south of the one I hunt.

Quinton

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rifleman270
Back