Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

2010 Show

Yup - Outdoor Channel:

Fridays 1:30 pm and midnight (eastern time)
Sundays 5:00 pm

First airing will be July 2nd.

Hope you like the episodes we have this year. Have seen some of the final edits, and they look pretty good to me. But, I am kind of biased.

BF

What does the final line up look like? What hunts are you going to be showing?

Something like this. Not sure what the roll order will be.

MT rifle elk
CO rifle bighorn
NM archery pronghorn
MT rifle whitetail
UT archery elk
ND archery mule deer
MT rifle mule deer
WY rifle antelope
AK rifle black bear
AZ archery elk
MT rifle bighorn
NV rifle elk

Sweet! Any in particular? :) :D

Still waiting on the two with you, and the two with Buschy. Maybe Warm Spring Productions has something against you guys.

Troy tells me he has seen the WY antelope hunt and it is good. I have yet to see it. Guess I am the last guy to know.

I badly want to see the MT whitetail hunt, as that kill shot of yours will be one for the ages. Hope it doesn't offend the whitetail pros and cause me to be pulled from the network. ;)

I badly want to see the MT whitetail hunt, as that kill shot of yours will be one for the ages. Hope it doesn't offend the whitetail pros and cause me to be pulled from the network. ;)

Sounds interesting.......

I've heard in the past that the "Gold Fever" guy, I think it's Tom Massey, actually owns the network. Is that true?

I've heard in the past that the "Gold Fever" guy, I think it's Tom Massey, actually owns the network. Is that true?

His Dad founded the network, but they sold it many years ago to the current group that owns it. It is now a publicly traded company.

Looking fwd to watching the posters here on the tube...should make for some interesting member comments. I wanna see if Oak is really as cheap as he claims.

Looks like a great lineup Randy. I can't wait for the season to start.

What is it that determines when the new season starts to air? It seems that some shows have new episodes begin in January. Does OC determine or do you pick the slots?

What is it that determines when the new season starts to air? It seems that some shows have new episodes begin in January. Does OC determine or do you pick the slots?

You negotiate that with OC. Sponsors want Quarters 3 and 4, as they have the best hunting viewership. The network knows that, and charges accordingly.

New guys like me are lucky to get them to talk to you, let alone the slots we got.

Our agreement has us running from July-December, which was pretty much required by sponsors, and is most helpful in attracting sponsors.

Much of what you often see in Q1 & 2 are repeats, or shows owned by the network. Not always, but most often. Some shows take the first two quarters to save money, or air all year, and repeat all year, but that requires sponsors wanting to pay for the full year, even in the slower quarters this time of year.

Long way of saying that everything is dependent upon what you can negotiate with the network.

Sounds like a good line up Randy.

I know the OC has everything figured out when it comes to the highest viewing times but I would think it wouldn't be that big of a difference (Q1, Q2, Q3, Q4). Right now I'm looking all over the OC to find a good hunting show and can't come up with one. I would think people would be getting the bug to go hunting and would love to watch a good episode to get the blood flowing (Q1 and Q2).

Isn't everyone gone hunting when the shows are playing through Q3 and Q4? :)

I wish your show was on in the summer or winter and none of it was in the fall. I am busy hunting in the fall and I only seen 3 shows last year:(

Sounds like a good line up Randy.

I know the OC has everything figured out when it comes to the highest viewing times but I would think it wouldn't be that big of a difference (Q1, Q2, Q3, Q4). Right now I'm looking all over the OC to find a good hunting show and can't come up with one. I would think people would be getting the bug to go hunting and would love to watch a good episode to get the blood flowing (Q1 and Q2).

Isn't everyone gone hunting when the shows are playing through Q3 and Q4? :)

I'm with IB. I can't find a show on OC right now worth watching. I sit around scrolling for elk hunts on the guide but it's all crap shows right now and bunch of fishing. I can fish on my lunch hour but I can't hunt elk without a years worth of planning for 1 week a year. I need my fix.

GOHUNT Insider

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rds
Back