PEAX Equipment

2008 ND Archery Mulie

Looks like you got them figured out. Congrats on some stellar animals!

Buschy:

Looking at your pics and reading the story again, it is clear that you had very sharp broadheads. Super-sharp broadheads are what allow an artery to be severed like that. A less sharp broadhead may have hit that artery, but would it have cut it that cleanly and left a blood trail like that?

Ateries are built to withstand 10X the blood pressure of veins, so they are quite elastic and very thick-walled and don't always cut as easy as people think. In this case, no doubt it was cut completely.

Great job.

You remember that I am building points for that hunt.........don't you? :eek:

Randy,

I use Rocky Mountain Snyper 2-blade broadheads. I have been very impressed with their performance over the last four years on 10 animals (mulies, whitetails, antelope, and a couple of unfortunate coyotes.)

I remember you are building points. All you have to do is let me know when you pull the tag!! I would say good luck in the draws this year, but you really don't need it. I am convinced you've made a deal with the devil in the past.

Have a great day!

Another great season for you Buschy. Love the brow tines on your most recent.

Randy,

That sounds great. I am looking forward to it!

A week after bow season closed this year I went out scouting to see what made it throught the season. I found a great non-typical, almost a carbon copy of the mulie I took this year with a bow. He is on the top of the hit list for next year. I will try to find him this summer and and keep tabs on him!

I will try to post some pictures of this deer later today.

Here are the pictures I promised. He will be a good one next fall! He has decent browtines, one small kickers on each antler and a decent in-line point on his right side.

The other series of pics were sent to me by a friend stating the ND Game and Fish took these series of pics along the Little Missouri River. I can't verify that, but what a buck!!

Attachments

• IMG_0107.JPG
    IMG_0107.JPG
    296.8 KB · Views: 144
  • IMG_0109.JPG
    IMG_0109.JPG
    271.2 KB · Views: 137
  • image0011.jpg
    image0011.jpg
    94 KB · Views: 131
  • image0022.jpg
    image0022.jpg
    100.5 KB · Views: 128
  • image0033.jpg
    image0033.jpg
    74 KB · Views: 129
That buck has been in a few states recently.;):D

Good luck finding the first buck next season.

I thought he looked familiar and was skeptical. Kind of like the white moose pics a while back. I am not surprised.

Buschy...looking at this thread just fires me up! I'm thinking my bow season will go something like this...

Shed hunting in a few weeks...get pictures of some nice deer...I'll probably screw up the first 5 stalks get frustrated and then drop a great big mulie DOE! I am looking forward to the weather clearing up and heading to the hills!

Those pictures remind me of a line from an old John Wayne movie..."Thats what dreams are made of" The guy in the movie was talking about money but we all know...Taking a mulie like you have is really what dreams are made of!

Buschy...I am not sure Cameron Haines has anything on you!

Grizzley,

I am with you, waiting rather impatiently to go shed hunting myself. Good to see another hunter from ND, better yet from Bismarck!! Welcome to Hunttalk. Send me a PM sometime and we can BS about mulies in the Badlands. Take care.

Khunter,

If I can be of any help with your ND hunt, don't hesitate to contact me!!

Greg

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CrownDitch
Back