2 weeks after a heart attack, Dad got it done

dannyb278

This was a tough hunt in Wyoming. Dad had a heart attack 12 days ago and was under severe orders to "take it easy." Snow and rain and limited public land made access very difficult. Fell my ass down into an Arroyo this morning and may have knocked our Scopes off-center. His brand new Tika T3 .243, laying in the dirt with me. Dad got it done anyway. Brought home some lean protein for his new heart healthy diet.....i was happy to shoulder the load

IMG_20171010_202836_415.jpgIMG_20171010_205950_442.jpgIMG_20171010_202226_716.jpg

Last edited:
Feeling the gratitude for your dads life in the photos. Congratulations on getting out and getting a buck.

Congratulations. Looks like antelope hunting has become an annual success story for the both of you...

You can not fake the genuine smiles! What's good for the heart is good for the soul! Great to hear he is out and about - bringing some prime time meat and fantastic time spent, father and son.

Awesome!! Congrats to both, glad to see I'm not the only one that can't keep antelope hair off the meat.

Oh, it got way worse! Luckily we were only 30 minutes from the hotel, and I spent the rest of the evening washing each cut of meat in the shower. Seemed to work well, though it looks like a grey-haired man got murdered in the tub when you are done....Cleaned it up of course.

Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Juicer52
Back