1st Elk hunt

Clay

Im from south Louisiana and looking into a elk and or mule deer hunt in Arizona, New Mexico, Colorado area. looking for a place I can go without a lottery where I can just buy tags and a place I can camp for 3-5 days or longer. any advice would be helpful.

Colorado. Montana has a lot of leftover elk tags. Arizona & New Mexico only if u buy Landowner tags.

Trigger50 Colorado. Montana has a lot of leftover elk tags. Arizona & New Mexico only if u buy Landowner tags.

I agree with Trigger 110% Colorado would be my first option. Hunt public land, be it NF state or BLM. Tons of opportunities with the OTC tags for bulls and Maybe a leftover or draw cow tag. Plan on all kinds of weather in the high elevations. Start your plans now to see where you want to go and what you'll need to take with you. Have Fun and enjoy

I've heard a rumor that "FLIP FLOPS" may bring you luck:D:eek:

Colorado has a lot of opportunity for both rifle and archery with OTC tags. Archery antelope overlaps the early part of archery elk season, so you could do a 2 for 1 trip if you wanted to. Flip flops do bring you luck with antelope hunting :D

Throw your name in the New Mexico lottery. I think you are only out like $15.00 or so if you don't draw and, if you do, you'll have an incredible hunt. If you don't draw, head to Colorado!

Back