Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

160 tags taken from WY Pronghorn hunters

And here is what I just got from Mr. Allen:

Yet another form letter.

Best Regards,
Jim

I wrote mine from scratch, but apparently by posting mine as an example in this thread, enough HTers must have just cut-n-paste to irritate Mr. Allen. Next time let's do a little more editing from the templates or examples post here.

On the bright side, they are hearing us.

I just sent a second email assuring them that just because I used a template for my first email doesn’t mean I’m not serious in my position on this piece of legislation.

To be slightly fair to Mr. Allen, he is the only rep I received a reply from.
At least someone in his office is viewing these letters.

I agree. My post wasn't to "out" Mr. Allen, but to remind us HTers that form letters can have less impact so let's make sure we change-em up.

I did send him a follow up explaining my letter was original and that I had shared with a few friends who had asked, and that in my view getting interested citizens involved was the important part, not the format. And here was his reply at 11pm:

Thanks Dan, no problem.

Best Regards,

Jim

Still "crickets" from the others. But good to hear from Buzz that HTers are helping.

Wyoming just needs a landowner voucher program like Colorado has. That way 20-25% of the total tag quota could be bought from landowners and used for these group(s) hunt instead of a direct cut handed out

Since so many folks posting on this topic have raved about how great Colorado is, they ought to push for the same thing :rolleyes:

Wyoming just needs a landowner voucher program like Colorado has. That way 20-25% of the total tag quota could be bought from landowners and used for these group(s) hunt instead of a direct cut handed out

Since so many folks posting on this topic have raved about how great Colorado is, they ought to push for the same thing :rolleyes:

I'm glad you put that emoticon up after that suggestion that hopefully will never come about in Wyoming!

Wyoming just needs a landowner voucher program like Colorado has. That way 20-25% of the total tag quota could be bought from landowners

I just looked at the 2017 deer and elk statistics.

For elk there were 114,289 general (public) draw tags available and 5,155 landowner preference (LPP) tags available. So 5,155 divided by 114,289 is equal to 4.5%.

For deer the numbers were public: 67,712 and LPP: 18,568 which is 27%.

I am pretty surprised at the deer numbers. Maybe something to do with deer being more tolerant of humans and more likely to live on private property??

Last edited:
Not sure my email with included picture and a "what the hell are you thinking" will be what they're used to reading.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elkslayer38
Back