12x50 Binos

kroppr_77

I am trying to decide on a pair of 12X50 binos to run off a tripod. My price range is about $550, I have a few in mind but am looking for some feedback. I've narrowed it down to the leupold Bx-4's, the vortex vipers, and the maven C3's. I haven't been able to look at any mavens in person since they do not sell retail. I am wondering how they compare to these brands, and if you get "twice the product for half the money" as they say because of selling direct. The mavens are only a little over $400, while the vortex and leupold can be $150-200 more.
Thanks for any feedback

In a 12x50 I would choose the Mavens by quite a large margin. The Maven C series has much better glass quality than Vipers or BX-4s. While I am not in love with Maven C series binoculars, most of my issues are mitigated by running them off a tripod exclusively.

In a 12x50 I would choose the Mavens by quite a large margin. The Maven C series has much better glass quality than Vipers or BX-4s. While I am not in love with Maven C series binoculars, most of my issues are mitigated by running them off a tripod exclusively.
What issues do you have with them on the tripod?

I would find another $125 and go buy those Meopta 12x50 on eBay.
I have been running this setup for about 8 years. In the cabelas Euro version, made by Meopta. So far love em.

What issues do you have with them on the tripod?

They have a small field of view for a 12 power and not the best DOF, but on a tripod those aren't the biggest deal. I don't think 12x50 Maven C3s are a great all around binocular but they would work pretty well for a budget pair of tripod binoculars.

They have a small field of view for a 12 power and not the best DOF, but on a tripod those aren't the biggest deal. I don't think 12x50 Maven C3s are a great all around binocular but they would work pretty well for a budget pair of tripod binoculars.
What would you recommend then?

If it were me I would ditch your nikons, up your budget a little bit, and look for a good set of used 10’s

Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ohiochuck
Back