Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

-10 Below zero coyotes

GFHunter

I took advantage of the Great calling days over the last week with my friend Big Sky and put a hurting on a few song dogs. Both of these dogs were called in with a FoxPro.
This one was called in but would not come any closer than 250 yards. I shot it at 250 yards as he sat on his butt trying to figure out what in the world was making all that noise. I shot him with a .220 Swift 55grain FMJ. Rolled him on contact :):):).
http://

The second one came in right at dark. Big Sky and I had been calling for about 30 minutes and this coyote came in behind us. Thank goodness for the darkness and heavy snow coming down which allowed me to spot this guy before he spotted us. Shot it with the .204 ruger at about 70 yards with 32 grain HP.
Fingers were so cold I could hardly feel the trigger|oo|oo.
http://

In the 2 days calling we saw 14 coyotes and we managed to get 3.
Enjoy!!

Good job taking out those dogs! I got one today, Foxpro called him in also, but temp of 30 above, instead of your 10 below. Snow here too but only about 1/8 inch. :D Oh, 1 1/4 ounce of BB's out of the 12 gauge took the little guy out at 35 yards.

Here's a pic:

Attachments

• coyote1.jpg
    coyote1.jpg
    81.3 KB · Views: 262
I was planning on going out this morning, but got scared.:D

Temp is currently -28 and winds are taking it to -50.:BLEEP:

Maybe things will improve tomorrow. Starting to get a bit worried about the critters around here.

I did go out last Sunday. Got one and missed one, then slid into the ditch. Spent the next 5 hours digging, I just ended up getting in deeper. I had a wonderful sleep in the pick-up and it got cold enough (1F) I even let Axl in the front seat.:D

Finally got out Monday afternoon. Maybe I need to get one of those cell phone gimmicks?:D

I did go out last Sunday. Got one and missed one, then slid into the ditch. Spent the next 5 hours digging, I just ended up getting in deeper. I had a wonderful sleep in the pick-up and it got cold enough (1F) I even let Axl in the front seat.:D

Finally got out Monday afternoon. Maybe I need to get one of those cell phone gimmicks?:D

Craig, I would say a cell phone would have helped you out in this sitution.

At least you knocked over a yote.:):):)

Pictures??????

I called in a couple of red foxes and hammered one of them on monday morning. JUst about got stuck but I walked through the snow bank instead.

Back