1 Lucky Guy!

Great bull, congrats! Hope that you continue to have the opportunity to hunt that place. Looks like a great setup.

Thanks guys! I'm still not sure why he was so kind to me, but I'm not complaining :D

As most have you have advised, as well as a long talk I had with my brother... I will not take this guys kindness and friendship offer for granted. (and I WILL NOT be asking him if any family, friends, or anyone else can also harvest an animal- don't want to be the guy who was given an inch and thinks he is entitled and wants everything).

To show my appreciation/graditude here is what I am bringing with me to dinner tomorrow night.

$100 gift certificate to Troutfitters (he had told me that he typically shops there).
Fly tying book for beginner along with all the beginner essentials/supplies (when I told him that I tied my own flies, he told me that he really wanted to get into it, but didn't know where to start).
Along with everything to go with the marinated elk steaks! Fresh garden goods... beets, sweet corn, peas, spinach. Nice bottle of wine for his wife and OF COURSE the Henry's blue boar that he told me he loved!

If anyone has any other thoughtful suggestions, I would be happy to hear!

Thanks for the kind comments guys! Still feel like I hit the jackpot!

Great post. Nice bull!

I would offer to take him fishing (maybe one of your favorite spots) where you know you guys will have pretty good luck. The guy is looking for a friend, and no better way than to bond over catching fish and sharing a few brews (Blue Boars, apparently).

Nice work!

Thanks guys! I'm still not sure why he was so kind to me, but I'm not complaining :D

As most have you have advised, as well as a long talk I had with my brother... I will not take this guys kindness and friendship offer for granted. (and I WILL NOT be asking him if any family, friends, or anyone else can also harvest an animal- don't want to be the guy who was given an inch and thinks he is entitled and wants everything).

To show my appreciation/graditude here is what I am bringing with me to dinner tomorrow night.

$100 gift certificate to Troutfitters (he had told me that he typically shops there).
Fly tying book for beginner along with all the beginner essentials/supplies (when I told him that I tied my own flies, he told me that he really wanted to get into it, but didn't know where to start).
Along with everything to go with the marinated elk steaks! Fresh garden goods... beets, sweet corn, peas, spinach. Nice bottle of wine for his wife and OF COURSE the Henry's blue boar that he told me he loved!

If anyone has any other thoughtful suggestions, I would be happy to hear!

Thanks for the kind comments guys! Still feel like I hit the jackpot!

I'd like to invite you over to my house for dinner! LOL!

The gift card might be overkill but that sounds like a great way to say thanks.

The biggest thing I have found is keep in touch with lots of little things all year not just before and after season. Show up, out of the blue in like may with some summer sausage and say you just had it made and thought they might like some. Little stuff like that.

Great idea with the fly tying kit. Love the idea of a fishing trip.....(can I be the net boy?) :)

I'd ask to help out around the place. Maybe fix some fence that the elk tore down.

From the description of how you got the permission slip. I'd buy the wife something. Or give her the backrub like Dink suggested...

Nories Candies
http://www.noriescandies.com/
7001 Jackrabbit Lane
Belgrade, MT59714-8970

Nories makes the best chocolate candies ever. My wife loves them and has been eating them for decades. Take a dozen box to your hostess, including the European chocolate truffles.

Caribou Gear

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Openseason44
Back