Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

'06 Bear

B-Killin

One of my big game goals this year is to kill a bear. If anyone can give me some tips or ideas that could help me get this done I would really apreciate it.

Come work a few 7th grade AAU hoops practices teaching form shooting, and we'll let you carry bait up the hill and maybe shoot a cub like the rest of us.... ;)

Gunner- You as busy with GirlGunner as I am with Bri?...dang it mon, between AAU bball, pitching lessons, and school and LLeage softball on the horizon- I think the bears are safe this spring from this ol' geezer! :eek:

...plus I've got two more lil' ladies starting up in about two months!!!

Marv,

We just got the AAU season kicked off this weekend, and had mixed results. 1-3 with a loss by 1 and a loss by 6, and then got spanked by a very good team that won the championship. 12 girls, and the range of abilities is pretty great, so some should be working on skills, and some could be working on concepts.

Definitely the next 7 Saturdays are tied up, and then we travel a few times in March/April, but should be about done by the time snow melts and bear season opens on Apr 15.

WallyDog's daughter's team had good success in their bracket, took 2nd place, losing to a very good team.

Gunner is the Old guy thats out of shape..... OHH wait, thats all of you guys :D :D

Don't shoot this bear though on the bait site... He's a Keeper :

4_29_zach3.jpg

Here is gunners better side at our Baitsite :

Dscf0275.jpg

Wally,

I got Moosie and IBugler to pack bait. Both them boys got strong backs and weak minds..... That leaves me to be the brains of the operation.....

B-Killin,
Nah, you were hanging out with the High Rent crowd if you were watching Em's games. We are the ugly step-children from across the county line, always relegated to crappy little Auxillary gyms while WD's D's team gets the main floor..... (Of course, they deserve it, we don't.)

Wally,
You got way too much class for us. You know what a Single Malt is.....

Actually, the smart one would be those who don't get involved, as it is a lot of work for scrawny Idaho bears... If it weren't for the chance to eat stale Twinkies covered with Raspberry Jell-O in the Mountains, I might give it up....

School ball ended for Bri the first week of Dec...AAU will be over for us by the first of March. It's the softball season thats a time sucker for me as I coach a LL majors team as well as the Jr. High team. Last year the "season" began with LL tryouts the last of Jan. and we ended our run at the State tourney the first of Aug.....gave me a whole 3 weeks off before volleyball season kicked in- I kinda laugh when people ask me if I am "sad" I didn't have any boys....like I could get busier or something :eek:

Why can't my kids be sedentary and into video games....... ;) ??

tufferthandug said:
Well I don't know bout everyone else, but I'm hittin the green ..... as soon as them bastards wake up.

Dung- I'm sure you are....

It'd be nice if CO had a spring bear hunt...guess I'll just have to wait until fall....

Real funny!!!

Elkgunner said:
I got Moosie and IBugler to pack bait. Both them boys got strong backs and weak minds..... That leaves me to be the brains of the operation.....

Weak minds huh!!! I told you not to shoot that cub of yours. If you followed how moosie and I judge bears you would of known not to shoot.
IMGA0028.jpg

By the way this is your bear a few days before you shot him.
IMGA0021.jpg

It is kinda strange how that camera angle makes my bear look small... Whereas the other pictures make him look much bigger.

If you remember, I had a chance at the big one..... just didn't want to make you have to carry that much off the Mtn....

That's why I like hunting with you. You're always thinking of the other guy. If I'm not mistaking you shot your bear by yourself. Thanks dude.

And the Scare tactic of Shooting at a Bear at 50 yards and Missing it and Jsut scaring it away so you didn't have to cary a Big bear out was an AWESOME tactic :)

HEre's a Few links to a Few pics :

'05
http://www.hunttalk.com/forums/gallery/browseimages.php?c=345

'04
http://www.hunttalk.com/forums/gallery/browseimages.php?c=366

'03
http://www.hunttalk.com/forums/gallery/browseimages.php?c=354

MAN we kill alot of small bear... DAAAYYYM !!! We need to change that this year.

Hey Bugler, I'm guessing we're crossing "DA DEATH FLOW" this year to go after the Untouched ones .. eh ? That little crossing we do you barely need a raft, but the new one we might... :p

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
240shooter
Back