Thread: Shy little lady

Default Shy little lady

Turned this young old female loose tonight. She had a beautiful belly. Hopefully she has lots of kittens in the future
    Attached Images Attached Images   

Awesome pictures!
    To what avail are forty freedoms without a blank spot on the map?

As always great pics!
    "Do what you can, with what you have, where you are."

-Theodore Roosevelt

Those are some nice pics. Just curious as I have never trapped, how do you turn them loose without getting scratched up?
    I work so I can hunt

Quote Originally Posted by 7mm08mo View Post
    Those are some nice pics. Just curious as I have never trapped, how do you turn them loose without getting scratched up?
    Catch pole

Is that the law, or just the right thing to do?

Quote Originally Posted by Bigjay73 View Post
    Is that the law, or just the right thing to do?
    Not a law. Just what I try to do with the females and younger cats.

Good on you. So, how nervous were you the 1st time you had to release one? I'd be shaking like a leaf if you asked me to do it Hahaha

They really aren’t bad to release. I have friends that have released mountain lions now that’s a rodeo

Great pics! A buddy's kid had to release one here in IN last winter. He used a piece of plywood with a v cut in one edge to put over the foot. Said the cat kept slapping the other side. He said that got his heart rate up.

11. Default

Quote Originally Posted by brockel View Post
    They really aren’t bad to release. I have friends that have released mountain lions now that’s a rodeo
    That is really great, good for you. She is very attractive.

I started a thread about a young lady who lives in the Territories of Canada, specifically to share that she uses a Win 71 348----but when I saw this thread, I thought I would mention that she ( and others ) sometimes tranquilize polar bears that make a nuisance of themselves in small communities and then relocates them out on the ice. They also use bear traps. She has mentioned them starting to wake up before they was ready for them to wake up and thought of her when I saw your post.

Thanks for sharing this.