Default One-day MT Mule Hunt on YouTube

I posted the story here - https://onyourownadventures.com/hunt...957-That-ll-do

Here is the video of that hunt; the one single day of that hunt.

My name is Randy Newberg and I approved this post. What is written is my opinion, and my opinion only.

"Hunt when you can. You're gonna run outta health before you run outta money."

Thanks Randy, looks like Bart put on a few pounds in the last few years.

Nice buck, Randy! Looks like there was a lot of snow over your way. I guess Iím still trying to figure out where to find animals at different times of the year. Is it normal to find them that high in that deep of snow?
    "The mountains are calling and I must go." - John Muir

Quote Originally Posted by GGress View Post
    looks like Bart put on a few pounds in the last few years.
    Thanks
    Walmart Athlete and Ambassador
    Costco Prostaff
    Equipment by Harbor Freight

But what I do have are a very particular set of skills, skills I have acquired over a very long career

5. Default

That is an odd statement, at best.... Maybe there is a personal relationship the rest of us don't know about, but still odd. Thanks for the video sharing!

Did the buck have a name? Truman?

GGress you may be a douche.

Sometimes a big day hunt is the best. Great vid.

Quote Originally Posted by Greenhorn View Post
    Did the buck have a name? Truman?

I thought I heard him call him Fred ��. I was hoping for Jones but Truman is not bad
    Last edited by Lawnboy; 12-04-2018 at 07:40 AM.
    Costco Prostaff

But what I do have are a very particular set of skills, skills I have acquired over a very long career

Although I have seen Bart pull a 2- pound frosted bearclaw out of his pack, 8 miles deep into the Nevada Wilderness ....that doesnít change the fact that GGress is an idiot.

Quote Originally Posted by Drake4 View Post
    Although I have seen Bart pull a 2- pound frosted bearclaw out of his pack, 8 miles deep into the Nevada Wilderness ....that doesn’t change the fact that GGress is an idiot.
    That bearclaw as you recall allowed me to power out of that hell hole in the lead. As I recall the other two fit sexy men ultimately caved to my power snacks as they realized their “bear scat” looking cliff bars weren’t cutting it or maybe it was the 1lb log of summer sausage and crackers I was toting as well. Lol
    Costco Prostaff

How about Big Johnson ?

Looks like a fun day on the mountain. I had the tag in 2010? Maybe 2011. It was a tough hunt and I had un-realistic expectations. Passed up a few bucks on the last couple days of the season... I saw one buck on thanksgiving day that I decided to target until the end and he never showed up again.

Well, he might have...……..so have I And I'd still put money on the fact that he would out hike and out pack you in any situation. You would be surprised what a 2 lb bear claw and a whole roll of salami will give you for energy I know one thing about ol Lawnboy, that dude is welcome in my camp or on any hunt I ever go on, period.

14. Default

That video brought back some memories. Lot more snow than when I hunted it though!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimbo and Ned
    Thin out their numbers

Still chuckling about Lawnboy's "Montana double date" comment.

I have never hunted steep/snow filled slopes like that, and I'm not wholly sad about that fact.
    No one can go back and make a brand new start, however anyone can start from now and make a new ending.