Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Quote Originally Posted by Greenhorn View Post
    In MT each district should be managed specifically for that district. Like that'll ever happen

If I were boss, general season areas would be September for archery season. Rifle would be Oct 1-20. Zero buck hunting after that, antlerless hunting on private land only all through Nov-Dec.
    Sounds a lot like wyoming, that would make too much sense to do it that way I guess.
    "Do what you can, with what you have, where you are."

-Theodore Roosevelt

Entirely different ball of wax but I feel for you guys who had great local deer hunting at one time and now it's in the toilet. 15 to 20 years ago you had to draw a firearm season tag here, and you only got one for 7 total days of hunting broken into two long weekends. Now you can buy as many as you want at Wal-Mart. Also we have 14 days total to hunt 17 if you get a muzzleloader tag I think. Deer numbers are probly 25% of what they once were. Yet there's always some jackwagon who will buy and fill as many as he can so he can tell you how many tags he filled this year. All in the name of cwd of course, because we don't want disease to kill off all the deer so we should shoot as many as we can. It's suckening to watch something like that happen year after year regardless what state your hunting in.
    "Do what you can, with what you have, where you are."

-Theodore Roosevelt

I think FWP should do exactly what they are doing with cow elk in some areas...implement a six month shoulder season with an antlerless deer tag valid only on private lands. My experience so far with the elk shoulder seasons is that a lot of ranches are more open to allowing access after their outfitted hunters have gone home. And dropping the requirement that these ranches participate in the Block Management program also has been key.

4. Default

Quote Originally Posted by jsb View Post
    I think FWP should do exactly what they are doing with cow elk in some areas...implement a six month shoulder season with an antlerless deer tag valid only on private lands. My experience so far with the elk shoulder seasons is that a lot of ranches are more open to allowing access after their outfitted hunters have gone home. And dropping the requirement that these ranches participate in the Block Management program also has been key.
    So kill more does ??? Why !?

5. Default

And we are beating the dead horse again. Montana has a problem everyone can see it even the fwp they just wont admit it. They are going to use cwd to justify the current management and when the positive cwd deer start coming in it’s only going to get worse.

General deer units in WY, CO and many ID units are better than most MT permit units. Pathetic and heartbreaking at the same time.

Quote Originally Posted by jsb View Post

Hell yeah! 3 months just ain’t enough!
    “To me, if you don’t eat it, then it’s not a point of pride”. -Matt Rinella

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234