Hunting trip meals

TexanSam

As I'm making some last minute planning for my antelope trip I plan to embark on this weekend, what are some meals y'all can recommend that can stay frozen inside of a cooler that can either be eaten cold or heated up on a propane burner and skillet?

I plan on staying at a motel, but plan on being awake and out of town before any breakfast joints are open. And knowing me I'm a 3 square meal kind of guy. Anyone have any recommendations of meals that can fit the bill? Thanks

I made a pile of breakfast burritos up last year for our speedgoat trip. Pull out what you need the night before to thaw, then a quick skillet warm up in the morning. Seems to be my default for long days, then we did simple stuff for lunch (butthole sammies are great if you're doing a bunch of hiking). Burgers, precooked brats, fajitas, etc are pretty easy for a quick dinner. Good luck on your adventure!

Sausage gravy frozen in vacuum bags and biscuits in another. Heat in hot water on your stove.. That's a good tail gate breakfast I must say. Really anything you like for breakfast just freeze in a vacuum seal bag and bring to a boil on the stove. We do the same for dinner.

Baked mac and cheese and 2 grilled hamburgers are my favorite for dinner or lunch when I'm near the truck.

Last edited:
Sirloin steak and green beans, pork chops and broccoli, chicken and okra foil wraps. Freeze foil wraps in ziplocs, remove and cook in the skillet on the campstove. It takes a while to cook them from raw, but taste a lot better IMO. I do meals like these for supper, usually leftovers for breakfast, and just throw quick and easy stuff in my pack for lunch. Instant coffee with breakfast.

Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mttedoc
Back