Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by fishing4sanity View Post
    See if you can find a deal on a Model 70 in maple wood if you want something out of the ordinary or a X-bolt White Gold Medallion. They're a bit more money, but you deserve it. Here's a Browning/Leupold combo I recently put together.
    Attachment 85770
    Beautiful, even with that sticker on the barrel.

See if you can find a deal on a Model 70 in maple wood if you want something out of the ordinary or a X-bolt White Gold Medallion. They're a bit more money, but you deserve it. Here's a Browning/Leupold combo I recently put together.
    Attachment 85770
    That's almost too pretty to take into the woods.

Quote Originally Posted by VikingsGuy View Post
    I hear ya, but I really love my new Win 1885 highwall falling block in .270 - dream big!
    I had to look that up. I didn’t even know Winchester was producing these. Beautiful guns.

Quote Originally Posted by Idahoarcheryhunter View Post
    That's almost too pretty to take into the woods.
    Buddy of mine had one. I didn't even like holding it. Beautiful. mtmuley

I don't know what I would do without my model 70 featherweight.
    They look great, action is smooth, and they shoot fantastic right out of the box. Mine is chambered in .300 win mag.

I have a nice model 70 with a wood stock that I found for 500 bucks at a pawn shop because somebody put an Indian head penny in the stock. I thought it looked cool and was happy at the price. Also check out gunbroker, I just picked up a nice Kimber Classic for 650. Just got to look for the deals.

Attachment 85770
    Beautiful setup. Too bad Leupold (and everybody else) quit production of high gloss scopes. (But Leupold will do custom gloss on some of their higher end scopes for a price)
    "Freedom is NOT Free"

I would look for an older weatherby mark v if you want a pretty wood gun around 800 or maybe one of the dresses up vanguards. For the older one maybe a 270 bee or a 6.5-300 in a new vanguard.

9. Default

Attachment 85770
    Rattle can of Rust olem high temp black would really help! :-)

I found an older Remington 700 adl wood stock in 308 for $400. Is that a good deal?

Quote Originally Posted by Robertsj22 View Post
    I found an older Remington 700 adl wood stock in 308 for $400. Is that a good deal?
    No. There is all kinds of stuff on eBay for under $200. I have I think 2 Rem 700 left hand long action .270 stocks that I'll never use.

Action alone is worth it. I'd be ok with that price, but I'm known to like my Remingtons. I also am more of a synthetic stock guy. Tons of options for a Remmy out there. Depending on the age of the rifle, a good smith can work magic on the trigger. mtmuley

Quote Originally Posted by antelopedundee View Post
    No. There is all kinds of stuff on eBay for under $200. I have I think 2 Rem 700 left hand long action .270 stocks that I'll never use.
    No it’s the whole gun

Quote Originally Posted by mtmuley View Post
    Action alone is worth it. I'd be ok with that price, but I'm known to like my Remingtons. I also am more of a synthetic stock guy. Tons of options for a Remmy out there. Depending on the age of the rifle, a good smith can work magic on the trigger. mtmuley
    You can buy new Remington 700 stainless actions complete with trigger for about that price. A good smith can make the factory triggers serviceable. Normally it would be desirable to disassemble them and hone the critical parts to remove burrs, etc. In the distant past I bought a few 700s for the action.

Quote Originally Posted by Robertsj22 View Post
    No it’s the whole gun
    Probably not a bad deal then.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12