Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

I was just looking at the Bear Guide and found unit 200 is still open till June 15 ..anybody spend anytime in that country? I'm thinking of a crazy run over there to look for a Bear .
    Any thought's ?? Good country for Bears ?? It stops st the Idaho border .
    Thanks for any help out there !!

7 Days of hunting,
    The only 2 we saw we decided to give to our camp neighbors from North Dakota a father with his 7/11 yo kids on their first Bear Hunt. They got them both 5-600 yds out. All their practice paid off, and it was very rewarding seeing their excitement.

Darn it I guess now I have to try again in the fall.

3. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Coyot-n View Post
    7 Days of hunting,
    The only 2 we saw we decided to give to our camp neighbors from North Dakota a father with his 7/11 yo kids on their first Bear Hunt. They got them both 5-600 yds out. All their practice paid off, and it was very rewarding seeing their excitement.

Darn it I guess now I have to try again in the fall.
    It seems like experienced hunters and even experienced locals have a hard time filling their black bear tag in Montana inside a week. Seems like a good place to go if you live there anyways.

Awesome to see some success....
    To what avail are forty freedoms without a blank spot on the map?

Still no bears. I saw a handful of mulies which was odd because I've never seen deer in this area before. The mosquitoes were terrible.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Act justly, love mercy, walk humbly.

Micah 6:8

Quote Originally Posted by Brian in Montana View Post
    Still no bears. I saw a handful of mulies which was odd because I've never seen deer in this area before. The mosquitoes were terrible.
    Hang in there ! You just never know when a big one will just show up ! I agree with you on the skeeters, they have been drawing my blood at work every day!!
    Best of luck to you !!

Quote Originally Posted by MT.PERCHMAN View Post
    I was just looking at the Bear Guide and found unit 200 is still open till June 15 ..anybody spend anytime in that country? I'm thinking of a crazy run over there to look for a Bear .
    Any thought's ?? Good country for Bears ?? It stops st the Idaho border .
    Thanks for any help out there !!
    http://fwp.mt.gov/hunting/planahunt/harvestReports.html
    " There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag... We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language... and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people." - Theodore Roosevelt
    Live to work or work to live... Your choice.

I wish they had bear info in it .
    Thanks anyway !

Scroll down. They do have bear info as well. The first pops up with the usual elk, deer, etc. Below is the bear , etc.
    " There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag... We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language... and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people." - Theodore Roosevelt
    Live to work or work to live... Your choice.

Well, crud. I took a shot at a big cinnabar Saturday evening. I ranged him at 308yds, but it was windy and my heart was pounding; shot right over his back. ):

I don't consider myself a judge of bears but he looked big. I went down to where he was standing and actually found where the bullet hit the ground. No blood no hair. He left a trail of destruction when he ran out of the clearing, so I was able to track him 150 yards or so until I lost the trail in the creek bottom. Never found any sign that he was hit. I'd feel a lot worse about it if there was a question in my mind about whether or not he was hit, but its still disappointing. I guess there's always the fall. And next year.
    Act justly, love mercy, walk humbly.

Micah 6:8

Quote Originally Posted by Brian in Montana View Post
    Well, crud. I took a shot at a big cinnabar Saturday evening. I ranged him at 308yds, but it was windy and my heart was pounding; shot right over his back. ):

I don't consider myself a judge of bears but he looked big. I went down to where he was standing and actually found where the bullet hit the ground. No blood no hair. He left a trail of destruction when he ran out of the clearing, so I was able to track him 150 yards or so until I lost the trail in the creek bottom. Never found any sign that he was hit. I'd feel a lot worse about it if there was a question in my mind about whether or not he was hit, but its still disappointing. I guess there's always the fall. And next year.
    Thanks for Sharing !
    I feel your pain ..our spring was great , but no bear just some amazing stories !
    Best of luck to you in the Fall !!

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456