Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

New to Hunt Talk - female hunter

desertsage, welcome aboard. You might want to look at a DIY deer hunt in Ontario. Here is an old link. It sure could be an adventure and within a good days drive for you.

https://onyourownadventures.com/hunttalk/showthread.php?251734-DIY-Canada

The areas you can hunt in ON as a NR are a 24-30hour drive from Massachusetts. They had a big winter kill a couple years in a row and are still recovering last I heard. We did that trip in 2007 and it was a lot of fun and saw a ton of deer, just nothing big enough to wrap your tag around. One of the 6 of us shot a decent 8pt but that was the only shot fired.

I'm brand new here from Massachusetts too but welcome aboard desertsage. Let me know if you have any questions about hunting in New England...I typically hunt CT, MA, NH and Maine every year.

Welcome aboard - I'm in Medford here. Any chance I met you at Hank Shaw's Buck Buck Moose dinner in Cambridge last fall? Story sounds familiar.

Brendan

Welcome to Hunttalk. I think I talked to you and your husband at the 2016 BHA Rendezvous in Missoula? Congrats on your deer!

Welcome, R.

It would be great to provide a link where folks could read the story of your deer. I have read it and it is very remarkable. Or, copy and paste the story here.

Thanks for signing up. Look forward to visiting with you/yours again when you get out west.

Thanks Randy! Happy to share the story of my first deer. I was actually just working on a longer piece that combines the story of my first and second mule deer season. Essentially, a compilation/re-working of a couple things I'd previously written. I'll post it here when I'm done.

We'll definitely be at the BHA Rendevous this year, hopefully see you there!

Welcome from Oklahoma, I lived in PA for a year and I can say with certainty that the hunting in that part of the world can be just as good as it is out west. PA in particular has a LOT of public hunting land for an eastern state. With black bear, BIG whitetails, and, if you get super lucky, even elk to chase there's plenty of it to be had.
On a side note, if you like shooting and need to practice just ask some local farmers if they have a groundhog problem and you might find yourself needing to stock up on more ammo.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gcporteous
Back