Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

What sleeping bag?

Bukwild3

Just got asked to go on a last minute horseback fishing trip to Colorado. Need a bag for the trip and have never been to the mountains. Assuming we will be fairly high elevations and nights could to 40 or so. All my bags are heavy weight so I have to get something new. What degree bag?

Go 10 to 20 degrees lower than you think you'll need. If you are looking for a mummy style bag I recommend slumberjack. They are reasonably priced and have more room than standard mummies.

Something in your specs from REI. They "make" good gear for the value. I say make because I'm pretty sure it's sourced out.

Thanks I'm looking at an outdoor vital. Have any of y'all had any experience with them

I usually take a zero degree bag. At 7,500 feet in NM last week it was a bit much, until it cooled off and started to rain. Then it was wonderful. Newcomers to the west always underestimate the mountains. At the very least, take a 20 degree bag and thermal underwear.

Outdoor Vitals look like good bags. And they have a lot of good reviews, too many to be a fluke.

Bought a outdoor vital 20 and a klymit v insulated pad. Hope this will do the trick.

Let us know how you like it! I haven't heard much one way or the other about those bags.

Should work fine. I use that swiss cheese looking Klymit pad. It's ridiculously small...surprisingly comfortable for what it is.

Keep us posted on the gear.

I have a marmot never summer 0 bag from REI. Like others have said, if you're too warm unzip it!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TheWolf
Back