Yeti GOBOX Collection

WY leftover question...

Flatrock

I'm going to apply for a leftover cow elk tag. What is the price going to be on a Type 4 tag vs. a Type 6 tag? Is it going to be the 2 different prices or just 1? Are they going to run 2 different lotteries for the regular priced tags and the reduced price tags or just lump everything together and run one?

You're type 4 is going to be a full price and the 6 is reduced. (Non-res full $577 and reduced $288) They're two different quota's so I imagine they'll be different draws as well. I drew both the 4 and 6 in the same area this year and I know there will be plenty of type 6 tags leftover.

I saw that R's and NR's will be lumped together with no NR quota of any sort. If they run 2 lotteries, I'll have to think about applying in each of them. I kinda think the draw odds will be fairly tough.

One drawing and we are all in together. List is much smaller this year for leftovers. Next year will be interesting with the tag price increase, perhaps better odds.

One drawing and we are all in together. List is much smaller this year for leftovers. Next year will be interesting with the tag price increase, perhaps better odds.

Do you know what the price is going to be for a NR cow tag? I looked around but all I could find was a link for the normal prices for all the different tags in the normal lottery. Couldn't find anything specific about prices for the leftover lottery.

Do you know what the price is going to be for a NR cow tag? I looked around but all I could find was a link for the normal prices for all the different tags in the normal lottery. Couldn't find anything specific about prices for the leftover lottery.

Prices are the same as the regular draw- $577 or $288 for the reduced price cow/calf licenses. (type 6 and 7)

The only difference is you don't have to pay the $14 application fee like you do in the first draw.

Prices are the same as the regular draw- $577 or $288 for the reduced price cow/calf licenses. (type 6 and 7)

The only difference is you don't have to pay the $14 application fee like you do in the first draw.

K thanks. If a guy can put down 2 choices or 3 choices, I was just wondering how it would work if you put down a Type 6 tag for your first choice and a Type 4 tag for your 2nd. I've got 2 units in mind and will have to decide which one to put first...

K thanks. If a guy can put down 2 choices or 3 choices, I was just wondering how it would work if you put down a Type 6 tag for your first choice and a Type 4 tag for your 2nd. I've got 2 units in mind and will have to decide which one to put first...

You can't put a type 4 and a type 6 hunt on the same application. At least I don't think you can.

You can apply for a type 4 on one application and a type 6 on another application. You just might draw both. If you're willing to spend that much money on a couple cow elk tags, that might be the way to go. Gives you better odds of at least drawing one.

Well now I'm just confused as all hell.

You can have a total of 3 elk tags in Wyoming.

You can have a total of 3 cow/calf tags...in any combination of type 4,5,6, or 7.

Only one tag that is a general, type 0, 1, 2, 3, or 9...then any combination of up to (2) type 4, 5, 6, or 7...for a total of 3 tags.

Clear as mud?

You can have a total of 3 elk tags in Wyoming.

You can have a total of 3 cow/calf tags...in any combination of type 4,5,6, or 7.

Only one tag that is a general, type 0, 1, 2, 3, or 9...then any combination of up to (2) type 4, 5, 6, or 7...for a total of 3 tags.

Clear as mud?

I want a type 5, make it muddier please!

Back